Auszcar 2017 Christmas Bbq - 26Th November

C.A.R.

Thanks Gordo! It was great to meet some more of the awesome people from the forum! Next new my Z-Bus will be there!

Big thank you to Gordo & Sharon for their hospitality itwas a great day.

A few of you were asking about the kit I used to get original A/C working in the bus.
Below is the link to supplier in the USA I got it from.
If everything else in your car is OK all you should need is this kit and a new receiver dryer to be in business.

https://nostalgicac.com/compressors/compressors/datsun-240z-260z-280z-compressor-upgrade-kit.html

Cheers

PB

Thanks Peter, I will definitely look at getting this.

Cheers,

Ned

Edited by OdinZ

• Moderators

Thanks Gordo! It was great to meet some more of the awesome people from the forum! Next new my Z-Bus will be there!

Thanks Peter, I will definitely look at getting this.

Cheers,

Ned

Hi

Probably worth having a chat to your local A/C guy first, just in case he knows a better (cheaper) way

Big thank you to Gordo & Sharon for their hospitality itwas a great day.

A few of you were asking about the kit I used to get original A/C working in the bus.

Below is the link to supplier in the USA I got it from.

If everything else in your car is OK all you should need is this kit and a new receiver dryer to be in business.

https://nostalgicac.com/compressors/compressors/datsun-240z-260z-280z-compressor-upgrade-kit.html

Cheers

PB

Very reasonable! How much does the unit weigh? Also anyone have any idea how much power it would drain when not in use?

• Administrators

Very reasonable! How much does the unit weigh? Also anyone have any idea how much power it would drain when not in use?

I don't know it's weight, but it won't drain much power if not engaged. Besides if you remove the old clutch fan you'll save about 15-20 HP to offset it anyway. :)

• Moderators

Hi

The compressor weighs about 1.6kgs and the bracket and other stuff probably add another 1kg or so.

How much power does it drain when not in use, very very little as the compressor clutch disengages so the part moving is the pulley.

Cheers

PB

• Moderators

Oh wow! So reasonably priced, so little weight and little drag! Sounds like a winner to me! 

Also really unbeleiveable hiw much power can be taken from a clutch fan! 

Heaps of great info, thanks guys!

The only catch is that the rest of A/C system in your car needs to be good order.

If the system has been kept sealed good chance everything will be OK, the receiver/dryer will still to be replaced though.

Cheers

PB