Sign in to follow this  
aussie240z

Heater Hoses

I have just found a leak in the heater hose form the block to the core and need to get a replacement pronto (am off on the trek4kidz rally on the 19th of August) and i have searched local options but can't see much at all. Listings from US ebayers and the like but lead time could be an issue. Anyone know of local source for heater hose sets or individual hoses?  Appreciate any advice or of anyone has  spare they want to sell? Thanks in advance of any advice at all. 

I struck this same issue many years ago. My solution - new hoses NLA, little money - was to replace both hoses with fresh new lengths of generic of the correct diameter. Instead of trying to replicate the pre-formed tight bends, I simply allowed plenty of length as one of the hoses in particular needed to make more than a full circle in order to avoid any kinking. Worked a treat and the hoses are still in place to this day!

Just note which outlet connects to which, then cut the hoses away, and by a little experimentation you'll soon work out how to hook them up. Simples!

Nothing in Australia.

Best bet - if the lead time is an issue - it to re-plumb it with regular 5/8 heater hose.

If you are careful in the way you plumb it, you won't get any kinks.

Thanks for the quick responses. Think the non standard 5/8 hose is the option. I have the dash out at the moment so a lot easier to get in and sort. Much appreciated. Cheers

You can buy those spring looking things that allow you to bend hoses without kinking. Will post a pic later for you.

I bought a toyota hilux and holden commodore hose and trimmed a bit off . came up quite well. i'll take a photo and get the part numbers in half an hour.

Edited by CraigZ

See photos attached, with part numbers

I actually prefer the look of the shape of the replacements than i did the original braided ones.

but do like the braided hose look 

post-101122-0-63666100-1501374897_thumb.jpg

post-101122-0-30208700-1501374958_thumb.jpg

post-101122-0-52636900-1501375022_thumb.jpg

Edited by CraigZ

Have you tried Stewart Wilkins?

I got hoses, heater tap and grommets off him a year or 2 back.

It's worth a try.

thanks all, i tried my local Repco store and waded through all the hoses they had in stock and found a couple that I felt would work. Bought a couple of brass 5/8' fittings and got it all back together no issue. I also put one of the springs on (thanks "old retired z fart" and Bunnings.  The hoses were: Ford Courier 02-115 and the other was Corolla 02-0093 and the last one was Holden 02-1087. After a bit of cutting and fitting, all came good. Definitely not original but not too much on my car is now but it works for me. Appreciate the quick input all, cheers