aircobra

Correct Measurments For The Original 240 Door Mirrors

about to start drilling my precious new door skins.

can someone be kind enough to point me to a diagram or take some measurements?

all i found on the forum was a diagram for the fender mounted ones

have 2 LH US mirrors

thank you

Australian models (and all RHD models, I believe) only ever came with a drivers side door mirror, fyi.

Your LHS mirrors will not fit/work correctly on the RHS but they'll get pretty close.

These are photos I took when removing my factory door mounted mirror a while ago. Good luck

post-101055-0-29001900-1500089983_thumb.jpg

post-101055-0-91953300-1500089984_thumb.jpg

Australian models (and all RHD models, I believe) only ever came with a drivers side door mirror,

Not all RHD markets - AFAIK most of the NZ-new Zeds came with those fender mirrors; there were black ones on the 240Zs and bulkier chrome ones on the 260Zs.

The Aus-new cars seemed to have been a model all of their own with several differences to other RHD cars.

Edited by gilltech

Not all RHD markets - AFAIK most of the NZ-new Zeds came with those fender mirrors; there were black ones on the 240Zs and bulkier chrome ones on the 260Zs.

The Aus-new cars seemed to have been a model all of their own with several differences to other RHD cars.

Sorry, yes, the fender mirrors appeared on both sides, and were optional on 70-71 models in Australia.

I was referring to the door mirrors, which only appeared on the drivers side, no matter the market ie. LHS only in US, RHS only in Aus/NZ/UK/etc

Yes a royal pain in the ar*e to find! A drivers side door mirror went for over $400 on eBay recently and I haven't looked at fender mirrors for a while but I think even a second hand genuine pair will set you back $1000+

thank you cracker, car looks in awesome shape.

is that an original RH mirror, or a swapped LH one?

i've seen a couple of articles where people have made a customer made "pedestals" to alter the angle of the mirrors. i will probably do the same

question for people who have BOTH original mirrors - are the dimensions the same?

RH originals are NLA - at any cost.