Wanted Carb Cable Clamp

cracker

Could a P-clip from Jaycar or Bunnings do the job or are you chasing originality?

I'm sure they would do the job, but yes originality is key. Currently cable ties are actually doing the job nicely! Ha..

If the later flat top carbies have the same clip I'd have one, though won't be able to check for a couple of weeks.

Justin

Thanks Justin, I'm actually not 100% on this! I'll do some research, or another member may be able to chime in with info. Cheers

Just make one, seeing as you have one to copy.

Looking like the best (only) option!

Are you talking about the little screw/clamp at the end of the choke cable or p-clamp looking things? i am also looking for both items.

P clamp.

lurch can probably fabricate something for you. otherwise mission impossible

Cheers

James you also need to know which one you want as there are 2 different ones per carb set. They are marked 1 or 2. From memory 1 is for the front carb and 2 is for the rear carb.

Jeepers! Okay.. the plot thickens. Thanks

Had a look at a couple of old flattops sitting in the back of the garage. I think they were both off the same car.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but these 260 flattops have the choke mechanism on the RHS of both carbs, whereas the 240 carbs are RHS on the front carb and LHS on the rear carb. 

The screw that holds the P onto the bracket appears to have a captive screw. 

If so, I have a couple of No. 1's available.

Had a look at a couple of old flattops sitting in the back of the garage. I think they were both off the same car.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but these 260 flattops have the choke mechanism on the RHS of both carbs, whereas the 240 carbs are RHS on the front carb and LHS on the rear carb. 

The screw that holds the P onto the bracket appears to have a captive screw. 

If so, I have a couple of No. 1's available.

I'll check what number mine is this afternoon and shoot you a PM. Cheers!

Just had another look at the clamps.

The 240Z clamp is 21 mm long whereas the 260z flattop clamp is 26 mm long.

It appears that the flattop clamp has a longer adjustment slot for the screw. 

Just had a closer look at Cracker's original picture and it appears that he has 4 screw carbies.

It seems that the three screw carbies have an entirely different choke cable clamping mechanism to the later carbs. 

The 260 flattop's P clamp and plate is somewhat similar to the three screw roundtops.

So it appears that the P clamp off the flattops are only good on the three screw carbs. :  :  :   Be nice if someone could confirm this.

Brad 

gallery_101689_345_89191.jpg

Hey Brad,

I've had another confirmation of the types, and do believe these are "4 screw carb" only clamps - so appeared on 70-71 only.

As Chassis254 has mentioned previously these are also stamped 1 & 2. I have the "2" clamp currently, which comprises a backing plate (one piece) and 2 separate "P" pieces, one slightly larger than the other.

James

• 1 year later...