Mikuni/solex 40Mm S5 Carburetor (Maybe Even A T Type)

Shaun05

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a single Mikuni/Solex 40mm S5 carburetor. I have been able to pick up a pair but haven't found a single or another pair to buy. I figure someone else may have bought two pairs and have a spare I might be able to buy. As I have a pair of 40mm T types laying around, I may also consider a single/pair of T type carburetors if someone has one spare. 

Cheers,

Shaun

• Administrators

I have a pair of Type R Mikuni's in 40mm that I was looking to sell for around $800. I was looking for a third carb body but haven't managed to get 1 yet.

I'll keep an eye out for you though on a 40mm S5 body. I seem to find plenty of 40s, but 44s are much harder to locate.

Thanks Gav. As always, I appreciate the effort. I would even be willing to purchase a full set of S4, S5, T type or R type triples if it was an easy transaction. How many 44's are you in need of? You can PM me if you like.

• Administrators

I just found a third Type 5 (44) - so I've got a set of 3 now.

1x a Type 4 (4 screws on cover) - only have 2

1x the Nismo Solex/Mikuni (44) with the dual float adjuster top covers - only have 2

I also wouldn't mind finding a set of Triple Type Q's in 44mm (that looks like 50's) and there was a set in Tasmania recently, but I didn't have funds available.

Most shy away from the type Q carbs (certain guru's warned me away), but I like the period correct look and would install them on HS30 00150 or HS30 00051 in future.

• Administrators

That's the ones, they have a few different names depending on the literature I've seen hence why I created the Mikuni ID thread.

If you find a third 1 let me know?

They are tightly held by the four cylinder brigade.only ridiculous way, is to look around, be patient, and buy three pairs, to then end up with two sets of triples,, retain the better set, and onsell the other three carbs.

I'll ask around the Roadster guys, someone may have one of an original pair sitting in a box or cuboard.