Sign in to follow this  
Scoota G

Apollo Bay cruise

What if we pooled some bucks and sent someone up in a chopper to get footage of Zed's on The Great Ocean Road for the Apollo Bay cruise.

My first thought was that it is expensive and would be crap because so many other cars on the road.

Then I thought it wasn't such a bad idea if no cars on the road. Now down a bit further at the 12 Apostles they have flights over the cliffs, up and down the coast. Down that far you wouldn't get as many cars on the road. The chopper could even come up from the waters edge, cliff face and then catch up to the Zeds on the Hwy. That would be cool. If 9 cars at $10- each we might be onto something. But you would want to T it up the night before, pick a nice day and do it early morning so you can get a good lonely run along the road. Could work well with the 2 ways. Might be better in the summer time. I reckon even the guy in the chopper would get a kick out of it and maybe give you some extra time. I notice on that site that they actually have vedeo cameras set up to take flim which would be much better quality than us hlding a camera and pointing it out the window. Maybe we should use this trip to investigate the idea, check out the section of roads to use and talk to the scenic flight people about what they could do for us. I dare say they may not be allowed to fly to low or close to the road.