Windscreen Prices Reduce

great work just ordered one! now the install... hmmmm

Edited by qhongtran

Ebay will pay 10% today!

Subtotal (1 item) AU $145.00 Postage FREE Discounts - AU $14.50 Total AU $130.50

Use code CLAP10

Edited by qhongtran

• 2 weeks later...

Great bunch of guys to deal with. Tobias has a tidy looking 260Z 2-seater, nice to see that there when I arrived.

Question: does Autoglasswarehouse only fabricate in clear glass? Zeds imported from other markets - like mine, which is same model as yours but NZ-new - have a pale blue tint all round.

Great bunch of guys to deal with. Tobias has a tidy looking 260Z 2-seater, nice to see that there when I arrived.

Question: does Autoglasswarehouse only fabricate in clear glass? Zeds imported from other markets - like mine, which is same model as yours but NZ-new - have a pale blue tint all round.

Green and clear. will be getting made I can ask for blue after the first batch is made.

Are you just referring to windscreens, or all glass?

My - very early - 260Z side glass and rear screen is 4mm thick. Same as, I presume, the 240Z - others here would have to confirm.

Whereas my spare door glass and spare rear screen came from a later 260Z and is 5mm thick.

Whether the side window rubbers, and door window fixings and tracks, could accomodate 6mm glass in lieu of 4 or 5mm I wouldn't know without trying.

The blue ex-JDM-Zed laminated front screen I have here is 6mm thick. The laminated screen I bought from you guys recently is about 7mm.

The blue tint used on Zeds is very pale. I'd have to see a sample of your particular 6mm blue to compare.

Hope that helps.

Are you just referring to windscreens, or all glass?

My - very early - 260Z side glass and rear screen is 4mm thick. Same as, I presume, the 240Z - others here would have to confirm.

Whereas my spare door glass and spare rear screen came from a later 260Z and is 5mm thick.

Whether the side window rubbers, and door window fixings and tracks, could accomodate 6mm glass in lieu of 4 or 5mm I wouldn't know without trying.

The blue ex-JDM-Zed laminated front screen I have here is 6mm thick. The laminated screen I bought from you guys recently is about 7mm.

The blue tint used on Zeds is very pale. I'd have to see a sample of your particular 6mm blue to compare.

Hope that helps.

Great thank you.

I was just talking about sides and rear. So 1mm extra should be ok.

As for getting 1 off clear or blue laminated front screens This will not be possible as no one makes custom front screens in Australia any more.

If I was to get it done in China it would be a minimum of 100 screens. then when they get to shore it's more like 80 will survive.

If I get a lot of interest in these  clear and blue front screens I will consider bringing  in for you guys.

I suspect interest in blue tint would be somewhat limited, as it would appear that the vast majority of S30s sold in Australia have clear glass.

It's Zeds that have come in from other markets like NZ, Japan and wherever that have the blue tint, and I don't suppose there are very many of those.

No doubt there will be some cars being restored to a thoroughbred standard and requiring fresh new unblemished glass, but should an owner decide to go for the blue tint option then of course a full set would be needed including windscreen but as you've pointed out large numbers of those would be required to be economic.

Never mind, as least we have you as both a Zed owner and a glass supplier on the forum.

You said above that you have side and rear glass coming, keep us posted.

• 1 month later...

My drivers side is scratched pretty badly from decades of up and down.

How is the fit of the new glass and can you ship to Melbourne?

David