260 Floor Pans

peter t

• Administrators

Yes but pressings are different in a 260z. So depends if you want it original or not?

There is a place in Canada doing 260z style pressings. Otherwise if your floors are not too rotten just patch them up as opposed to replace the whole floor.

I was going to replace mine in #150 but likely will just patch them now instead.

FWIW I'd remove the wiring that is in the way then hit those areas with 3M strip discs to take the rust & paint off & see what's what.

I suspect it will all look a lot better when everything is all cleaned up back to shiny metal.

'74 260Z's used the late 240Z bodyshell (excluding the tail light panel), so the Rare Spares floorpans are a direct replacement.

FWIW I agree with Gilltech - strip the floors back to bare metal & see what they look like.
If they are rusty in spots, it's easier to patch them rather than replace the whole floorpan.

Looks like I will get away with doing the passenger side only. Previos owners have painted with underbody paint and this really hasn.t sealed properly and rust has bubbled up under the paint. Too much carpet underlay has held all moisture in. Rare Spares are exact fit but they didn't know left from right until I explained they had the wrong part nos on them.

Edited by peter t

'74 260Z's used the late 240Z bodyshell (excluding the tail light panel), so the Rare Spares floorpans are a direct replacement.

FWIW I agree with Gilltech - strip the floors back to bare metal & see what they look like.

If they are rusty in spots, it's easier to patch them rather than replace the whole floorpan.

Perhaps I could also rub the paint back first on mine and see if it just needs a few spot repairs? :)

LHfloor.jpg

Rare Spares are exact fit but they didn't know left from right until I explained they had the wrong part nos on them.

I had the same conversation with them about two weeks ago. I needed both pans. i got one of theirs through ebay as it was about $70 cheaper. Description said left but is right. Didn't matter as I needed both so bought it. The other one listed was wrong too and the description even contradicted the heading. So I sent them a message and said wanted another but didn't buy as didn't know what I would get. They were good and called the next day to sort it and price match. I explained the issue again and I thought they were going to sort it. They obviously didn't. So to others, The service is good (Adelaide store) but just make sure they don't stuff it up.

Perhaps I could also rub the paint back first on mine and see if it just needs a few spot repairs? :)

LHfloor.jpg

I had the same conversation with them about two weeks ago. I needed both pans. i got one of theirs through ebay as it was about $70 cheaper. Description said left but is right. Didn't matter as I needed both so bought it. The other one listed was wrong too and the description even contradicted the heading. So I sent them a message and said wanted another but didn't buy as didn't know what I would get. They were good and called the next day to sort it and price match. I explained the issue again and I thought they were going to sort it. They obviously didn't. So to others, The service is good (Adelaide store) but just make sure they don't stuff it up.

I wire wheel should do the trick on them. LOL