Rickers

Rear Valance Panel - Where To Buy?

Hi guys,

Has anyone bought a lower rear valance rust repair panel recently? I'm shopping around for quotes and not really liking what I'm seeing... I'd be really interested in the prices that you paid or were quoted.

Let's just say zcarsource quoted me $700-$1000 USD for the shipping alone, so I will be staying away from there.

The best I have found so far is $320 AUD plus $225 (canadian I believe) to ship to my door.

I've also fired off an email to "ZeddFindings" in Canada, hoping to hear back from him soon.

Cheers,

Rick

Hey Rick,

How bad is your panel at the moment? It might be worth repairing what you've got? I also think it's not that complex a panel and might be cheaper / easier to find someone who can fabricate 1 for your car?

I got a couple from ZeddFindings in Canada and I may or may not use it (depends what my tafe teacher suggests). I almost reckon I could patch the stock 1 up. But I'll have to remove it from the car first.

I'll attach a few shots tonight, I don't believe it is in a fixable state. I may be overreacting though.

Charlie got back to me with an excellent price and I could not be any happier with the purchase. He is a very friendly person and doesn't seem to be trying to rip anyone off, if anyone needs the lower rear valance panel, I highly recommend him.

Here they are...

post-105122-0-59689200-1493276911_thumb.jpg

post-105122-0-09288900-1493276952_thumb.jpg

post-105122-0-79840700-1493277005_thumb.jpg

post-105122-0-44412900-1493277044_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rickers

A friend was getting one from Motorsport auto, so I got 2 as well I same order came in at about 500aud each by the time they were here. Need about 2 hours work

to get them to fit nice. Buy in bulk is the best way. I'm sure if you got 4 you could sell some on as the freight doesn't go up much extra.

@Rickers, yeah that's pretty rotten, someone has had  got at repairing it before and not really done the best job. Anything can be fixed and it looks like the top half is worse than the bottom but would be a bit of fiddling about...

@Ledge, don't suppose you have any photos of the motorsport part or work required to fit it? The ones I got from Canada look like they could use a bit of English wheeling and may need a bit of trimming. Only other difference is the fact that gauge of steel is a bit thicker.

A friend was getting one from Motorsport auto, so I got 2 as well I same order came in at about 500aud each by the time they were here. Need about 2 hours work

to get them to fit nice. Buy in bulk is the best way. I'm sure if you got 4 you could sell some on as the freight doesn't go up much extra.

Yeah, if Charlie didn't give me such a good price, I definitely would've went a similar route.  

@Rickers, yeah that's pretty rotten, someone has had  got at repairing it before and not really done the best job. Anything can be fixed and it looks like the top half is worse than the bottom but would be a bit of fiddling about...

@Ledge, don't suppose you have any photos of the motorsport part or work required to fit it? The ones I got from Canada look like they could use a bit of English wheeling and may need a bit of trimming. Only other difference is the fact that gauge of steel is a bit thicker.

I thought you might agree! Yeah, you'll see the other "repairs" once I start to do some proper work on the car and start a build thread. 

Edited by Rickers

Gav i would say they are made by the same place. This one is straight but should have a nice bow to it. Nothing the shrinker

wont fix tho. Will def need a trim as well. It is also slightly thicker which is no big deal.

Rick, how much did zedd findings want for freight ?

I'll let you know when it's in my shed - don't want to jump the gun.

I can look it up, but I think I paid $250-$300 for freight but I imported 3 at the same time. Sold 2 and kept 1.