Topstage?

potter260

Hi everyone,

I ordered some parts online 4 weeks ago, paid and received a payment confirmation email. But haven't received any other emails or parts... I've sent emails but no reply and tried calling and rang out. Anyone know anything?

Cheers Mitch

He's in a factory, up to his elbows in fibreglass, carbon, resins and glues.

No office, no fancy overheads, making good bits for us car folk.

And you rip into him for taking the usual time involved to make what you want.

Rome wasn't built in a day, niether are engines, gearboxes, smash repairs, paint jobs, but we want it, and we want it right now, or else we'll post it on the internet.

LOL at Nizmozed.

The problem when you are pasionate about giving people quality is it takes time, and you cant just employ gong beaters to do the

work for you or answer the phone as people want to speak to the boss anyway. Freddy is on his own and has been for a while. It means he will concentrate on the work, not the phone.

Answering the phone takes you away from getting stuff done. I know this all to well. So what would you have him do. Sit at the desk answering the phone or

get the work done that people have paid for. Hmm. a no brainer really

Ohh and Mitch. you will get your stuff no doubt. And you will have a big smile when you do.

My car is covered with his stuff and it is in his workshop now getting even more shit done.

One of the best guys I know.

Edited by Ledge

I didn't rip into him, I was just curious on a delivery date and didn't get replies to my emails or phone calls. Where I work in a 2 person custom stainless fabrication factory we work to a 2 week turn around and so do most people I know. I was worried I had done my cash, that's why I asked here because I knew others have had dealings with them before.

LOL at Nizmozed.

The problem when you are pasionate about giving people quality is it takes time, and you cant just employ gong beaters to do the

work for you or answer the phone as people want to speak to the boss anyway. Freddy is on his own and has been for a while. It means he will concentrate on the work, not the phone.

Answering the phone takes you away from getting stuff done. I know this all to well. So what would you have him do. Sit at the desk answering the phone or

get the work done that people have paid for. Hmm. a no brainer really

Meh, doesn't change my opinion.

I tried inquiring about half a car in CF and couldn't get basic answers or even more than a 3 word conversation out the guy. Im not saying the quality is bad, quite the opposite, the quality of his work is very good, I have seen it in the flesh performing at WTAC.

But as a potential customer looking to put down several thousand dollars for a workshop to make something and they have questions he failed pretty miserably in gaining or keeping my interest as a customer.

There are other suppliers of the product I want.

I see that from his point of view too, im sure he's got plenty of work to keep him busy and whats losing one potential customer, who cares, there are 10 more ect.

Perhaps he needs an apprentice? a protégé to train a very niche skill to maybe?

At minimum they could answer the phone and maybe a few emails.

Anyway, its his business and he can run it however he wants, i'll just spend my cash elsewhere

Edited by nizm0zed

(I think) english is also Freddy's second language which might explain the limited responses.

The retail arm of his business realistically is worth a poofteenth of his overall business because people who own Porsche, Mclaren, Lambo etc GT3 cars and other race cars are probably willing to drop a hell of a lot more cash with him... more than anyone else, especially if it means the parts come sooner!