Targa Tasmania 2017

AndBir

I pretty sure but i may be wrong but the car was originally a 240z shell but a few years back he had a stack and wrecked the rear end so he grafted on the back section of a 260z that he had sitting around on to the front of the 240z. Don't know exactly where the 260z section starts but i think its from the rear of the floor section back is all 260z. 

I pretty sure but i may be wrong but the car was originally a 240z shell but a few years back he had a stack and wrecked the rear end so he grafted on the back section of a 260z that he had sitting around on to the front of the 240z. Don't know exactly where the 260z section starts but i think its from the rear of the floor section back is all 260z. 

Correct - it was Targa high country a few years back & I think the rear strut towers were ok so it was a graft from there to the back (explains the holes)

At the time of that "off" Jon was running one of the kaaz diff centres, once it got very sideways, it simply opened up, and he lost full drive.

It needed from rear towers back, the bit that was grafted on, got a severe ligthening procedure

The LED lamp assy's are very light, and the wiring in the car is the smallest guage pissible, as LED's require very little amps.

Car meets minimum weight requirements.

Just like the quick Gp S circuit cars, 960-980 kg, in 260Z/280Z.

Jon doesn't mind the wet, its the others that do!

Anyone notice what size and type tyres they are running?

Jon normally runs 16" x 7" Dunlop DZ03G 205. Very good in the wet. I'm guessing he is running the soft compound.

I thought the George Town Stage on Tuesday arvo was pretty telling with Jon and Gina placed third outright against all the moderns and 4WD drive combos! Sensational result.

I think they suffered some kind of suspension damage yesterday (Wed).

Medium compound I think he said and yeh, hit some debris on the road and damaged the front suspension on the last stage. So seventh overall with that damage is simply super, if they fixed the damage over night then watch out you pretenders, engine is smoking a bit though.