S15 Front Calipers On 260Z

I've got a 260Z which I'm restoring and I wanted to put S15 front calipers on it and leave the standard drums on the rear. I have 15 inch Performance Super Light wheels which the brakes need to fit under.

I've searched through a lot of brake posts on the forum and I can't seem to find a post detailing this conversion although in sure someone would have done it already.

Wondering if there is an easy adapter to get the caliper to fit and an appropriate disc for this conversion.

Thanks in Advance

I personally have never seen anything about fitting a S15 caliper to the front of the zed, but mechanically itd be no different to any other completely custom setup, so you need a method of mounting the caliper and setting the correct backspace to the rotor.
What is the spacing between the mounting ears on the S15 caliper?
You need 88.9mm spacing to fit onto the standard zed strut.
Id use rotors that are known to fit, like the modified S13 front rotor used in the hilux brake conversion.
What is it you need the S15 calipers for? is it pad surface? available pad compounds? number of pistons?
Are they alloy or cast?
The hilux calipers already work very well as a budget brake upgrade and come with a very large selection of brake compounds, so unless your getting the s15 calipers real cheap its probably not worth the time and cost trying to reinvent the brake for the wheel.

• Administrators

Save yourself a lot of effort and find a pair of MK63 calipers that bolt right on (4 pots) and may even fit under a Topy spare wheel (may require a small spacer). That's what I plan to do.

MK63's cost about $700-$1000 a pair, but... you don't have to fabricate anything to fit them.

Use the vented disc rotor from the Sylvia S13 model Turbo, it is 280mm diameter, and with a redrill to the PCD on the disc hub mount, will bolt straight onto the back of the 260Z stock hub.

The S15 caliper, iirc, will bolt to the 260Z caliper mount ears, but will need longer bolts and flat hardened washers, to locate the caliper throat centrally over the rotor.

Pads will overhang a touch, but no issue there.

Easier option, though, and keeping the stock Z rotor, just bolt on a set of Toyota S12+8 four piston calipers, they will work just fine for your application.

If you go this way, I have a set of these I can sell you.

Gav, the MK63 and S12+8 are almost same weight, pistons vary in diams, seal sections and dimensions are different,

Seals and pistons do not interchange, been there, they are close, but no cigar!