Original Green Colour On A 1970 240Z

Kent

Hi Guys,

was the lime green (112) offered on 1970's 240z's?

I am trying to work out what mine would have originally been (its a Honda NSX metallic green now).. the only reference i have found was an old waZregister entry saying it was 112.. though the US sites seem to show indicate that this colour was only offered in 72/73?

I havn't pulled the car apart sufficiently to get any real indicator of the colour.. just finding a lot of peeling paint from the primer thanks to the the previous owners "restoration". Disaster of a job.. 

worse case and absolute last resort, i have a vinyl roof.. i am sure i will find some of the original colour under there.. hopefully its more paint than rust

post-100812-0-90104500-1492599240_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kent

• Administrators

What is the chassis no? I may be able to find it's sister cars and see what colour they were.

I don't believe the 112 Green was offered until late 71 early 72. I certainly can't recall seeing any 240z's in this colour with vents in the rear hatch.

Under the dashboard on the firewall you should be able to find the original colour.

Thanks Gav,

I will have to see if i can get under the dash and have a better look.. i had assumed lime green was the colour on the inside of the door and stopped looking for hints after that.

HS30 00212

At least the vinyl is from what i can tell, a dealer fitted option and unmolested.. so if every other trace of it has been removed, i can find it under there..

Don't go by the inside of a door or any panel that bolts on, it could have been swapped out.

As Gav says, look up under / behind the dash. Or dig under the underseal or floor sound deadener. Or up under the panel edges and braces around the engine bay.

But any car that has been fully repainted could have had it's bare shell fully strip blasted prior to the work in which case you'd never know the original colour unless some early paperwork or photos can be unearthed.

If my car is anything to go by, Nissan wasn't generous with application of it's red 110 colour coat as many 'behind the scenes' areas - like underside of guards and apron panels - are just a grey-cream primer with little red to be seen.

• Administrators

Have you read this information?

http://www.wazregister.com/index.php?title=viewcar&car=HS30-212

Not sure who your old mate was, but maybe you can find details of previous owners to ask them?

Failing that you could ask the owner of HS30 00213 what colour it was originally because Nissan painted these cars sequentially the same colour.