What Did You Do On Your Z Today?

Ponyo240z

I was asking myself the same question.  I had a full nolathane kit for the car and so I thought I would replace them too as I had them and the suspension was out, but on such a small bush I couldn't see there being much difference between rubber and nolathane. I've just leave them. 

There's a few other jobs left to do on my car and so the time would be better spent elsewhere.

Got my rear suspension and brakes in. Starting to get some of my new parts on the car. :)

R31 brakes. Went with the complete mounting bracket with a larger hole in the middle.

New bearings

Nolathanes

Koni golds

Koni spring platforms

New 275 lb springs

I haven't welded the strut tubes on yet. I will wait to the car is fitted out and on the ground to work out the best place to weld it off. I've slid a piece of thickwall pvc pipe over the strut and that should support the weight ok.

I went with springs 300mm tall and I'm thinking they are probably a bit tall. Perhaps 250mm or even 200mm would have been better.

Now working on the front. The front will have R33 GTS brakes.

post-105904-0-60348500-1507106206_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

nothing special, but yesterday got my new (used) speedo cable in (more accurate than i thought it would be), gauges back in, was fun trying to get the trip reset cable back on. anyway got to use the birthday present from the folks (new jack). as most of this is new, just getting my head around where things are before i tackle harder and long jobs. 

Picture for good measure

post-105351-0-67418700-1510547733_thumb.jpg

P.S. need a bigger garage

• Administrators

I can't recall the name of the wheels (for some reason I think they are Cobra's). They are different and I quite like them. Car also has 74 date stamped steel wheels (Topy's with D caps) also.

IMG_20171020_175138.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 2.05.17 PM.jpg

*Edit 4th February 2018. Wheels are by a company called: Fuji Auto and they are just simply known as Cobras. (source: http://kyushashoes.com/)

Took the opportunity while a lot of panels were off to run new speaker wiring, install a set of Polk Audio 4" coaxials, a new Pioneer head unit and a neat little 4x45w rms Alpine amplifier tucked up under the passenger footwell.

I don't think I'll use it a whole lot but it's better than what the PO had installed.