What Did You Do On Your Z Today?

Ponyo240z

We all have those 1% jobs that need attending to when we get a spare minute, so I thought i'd start a thread that's updates the small jobs we tick off the list each week that may not go in your build thread.

Oil changes, fluid changes, etc - what fluids used, etc, etc, etc

Hope this helps with motivation, hints and thought starters that we can all use on our own cars.

So here goes, this weekend I finally fit;

-A working clock I got from Gav

-replaced 2 broken bulbs in my speedo and clock (took the speedo drive cable off to get to the top bulb from under the dash)

-got my heater working in time for winter (the wire had snapped off the lever)

-Fit my hazard light switch (for some reason I missed the need to fit a second flasher can and was wondering why i couldn't get it working

Next on the list; finish reupholstering my seats and make some covers that fills in the interior hinge area in the foot wells

post-104720-0-86799000-1491218134_thumb.jpg

post-104720-0-46305900-1491218137_thumb.jpg

post-104720-0-76803800-1491218138_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Hi

I can so relate to having dramas finding time to do those little jobs on my Z.

What I done on mine ? Went to Melb to grab a few little pieces, door plastics and hardware, I needed for mine

Now to find the 60seconds needed to fit them ::)

Cheers

PB

• Administrators

well i put the chain on the fuel cap after 20 year of it missing on sunday

Haha, I recently bought some rear bumper rubber so I can mount a rear bumper that hasn't been on the car for about 20 years.

Last weekend I started the restoration of my steering wheel ( thanks to the advice from this site ) once finished I'll install it with my new gear knob ( zdepot replica ) and store the mono gear away.

I really enjoy restoring steering wheels. I have done 3 so far, each one a little bit better.

Yours is looking good

Over in the USA right now - so picking up few parts from Zdepot and MSA although MSA was out of 80% of what I wanted after placing the order - so lots of buying and not much fitting or reconditioning but I will be ready to go when I get some time when I get back to OZ. Yep your so right need a list and cross them off as I go. Well done on shortening the list. Cheers AK

• Moderators

well i put the chain on the fuel cap after 20 year of it missing on sunday

That must have been the only item made of metal that wasn't rusted on that Bus at Lockie's

• Administrators

That must have been the only item made of metal that wasn't rusted on that Bus at Lockie's

The important question is, where did all the chains go? Did they break off over the years?

The important question is, where did all the chains go? Did they break off over the years?

Mine's still on the car and I'm glad for the rubber flap because I always over estimate the length of the chain and the cap smashes into the flap

Last weekend I started the restoration of my steering wheel ( thanks to the advice from this site ) once finished I'll install it with my new gear knob ( zdepot replica ) and store the momo gear away.

Almost finished, A few coats of primer, 3 coats of satin black and 4 coats of clear on the wood/? Then on she goes. Here's a few pics so far and the products I used

post-103469-0-27326000-1491470649_thumb.jpg

post-103469-0-90574300-1491470674_thumb.jpg

post-103469-0-46087400-1491470695_thumb.jpg

Edited by ScottyD