If Only ?

smugley

Well you think that's good, take a look at Dynacorn for early Mustang bodies, either individual parts or complete body shells. Why? Supply and demand, sheer numbers makes it viable for companies to go to the big expense - they hope - of tooling up for every item. I suspect the Zed market is just too small, add to that the complication of numerous variations (early, late, 2-seat, 2+2) during the Zed's evolution and there's just not a good enough return.

As values continue to go up, parts like this will become available in my opinion.

Yes hopefully. As long as the number of surviving Zeds doesn't diminish too much and the demand is there.

When I started restoring my '67 Mustang fastback in the late '90s there were many parts, mostly interior trim and factory option bits, that weren't available outside of wrecking yards in the USA. And then Voila! in 2000 out came the remake of 'Gone in Sixty Seconds' (Nicholas Cage & Angelina Jolie) with the movie car star 'Eleanor' pseudo-Shelby fastback and suddenly everyone wanted a replica and companies geared up to create them. The end result is that today virtually every last part and component applicable to the 'Eleanor' / Shelby Mustang / '67/68 Mustang fastback is available, including inner structural pieces and complete body shells.

So, maybe if a Zed were to star in a movie - anyone for another Fast and Furious (is it #8 next???) - there might be a corresponding result.

Edited by gilltech