Dimenisons For Original Radio?

aircobra

• Administrators

I've got a few, but none I'm willing to sell for what is deemed "reasonable" prices by many ;). I plan to restore / refurb and sell them.

Here are my measurements of an Hitachi TM-1018ZB.

They do not include a few screw heads that project about 3mm.

post-101663-0-03416700-1488509530_thumb.jpg

Modern radios/stereos/head units are either single DIN or double DIN (double-height);

"The measurement of a standard DIN slot is 2-1/8” (50mm) height by 7-1/8” (180mm) width."

Therefore any single DIN unit should fit.

Edited by GongZ

how does it actually mount? i can see the screws at the back. is it supported by just the face plate at the front?

Yes - the radio is fixed to the face plate by the nuts on the control shafts, and the face plate is fixed to the dash with 4 visible screws.

• Moderators

Yes - the radio is fixed to the face plate by the nuts on the control shafts, and the face plate is fixed to the dash with 4 visible screws.

It is good practice to add a support or bracket on the back of the unit as well.

Well that is what I do.

It is good practice to add a support or bracket on the back of the unit as well.

Well that is what I do.

I was responding to how the original radio is fitted - i.e. it also has two screws on the sides as shown in the 'TOP' view photo above. I agree that radios/head units do need additional support, rather than being simply cantilevered from the face plate