Z's In The Mist

Bonkers

The ZCCQ hosted their first run for the year yesterday and this was only a short run by their standards of just over an hour long .

So it was from Oxenford to O'rielly's Cafe in the Lamington  National Park and the drive from Canungra was spirited and a lot of fun .However I was sporting a right arm with a little nerve damage and I am paying for it to day .

That road is a fine set for finding out how much power steering in a S30 changes the driving experience.

There were a few AUSZCAR members and Peter T lead the way . Unfortunately this meant he and his wife Ros had to chew down truck fumes for some distance. Seems they will have to deal with the taste of diesel when ever they eat something over the next week.

In total there were at least four from AUSZCAR.

President of ZCCQ Paul put a spectacular  blue 2+2 through its paces. But best thing about the day was getting out of the car into the cool air at 950m above sea level. It made a nice change from the 33 degree  heat we left behind.

Sounds like the ZCCQ has a number of exciting events planned for this year . Joining their club may not be a bad idea.          

post-103723-0-80191400-1487547460_thumb.jpg

post-103723-0-31822300-1487547512_thumb.jpg

post-103723-0-01632400-1487547554_thumb.jpg

post-103723-0-47249000-1487547594_thumb.jpg

post-103723-0-56769100-1487547625_thumb.jpg

Jason (Dave and I) got the only photos of mist there was and it all seemed to be in the next state.

Road rider I did have my shirt off there for a minute and may have cause some confusion about gorillas, but it was only for a minute.

I must admit the food was good and at a reasonable price.

They also have a well stocked gift shop to pick up something for someone special in your life. Soap may not be the ideal gift to purchase as I was greeted with " So you think I stink do you "

Someone did not have a good day at work.

We did see a gold rapped Lambo as we were setting off on the drive . Unfortunate not a good photo of it.    

post-103723-0-35887500-1487635737_thumb.jpg

Road rider I did have my shirt off there for a minute and may have cause some confusion about gorillas, but it was only for a minute.

:)

post-101839-0-22639100-1487643799_thumb.jpg

Here's a shot of my car in front of a replica of the Stinson aircraft which crashed 80 years ago in the area with 2 men surviving and being carried out 11 days after the accident. Bernard O'Reilly who found the survivors put the Homestead on the map, some very keen bush walkers, walked to the wreck on the Saturday, to commemorate the 80th anniversary, it was a 38 km return trip. They left at 4.00 am and got back at 7.30 pm that night.