Nissan Datsun Nationals

BennyZed

Through EC T1 flat,,,,, we get pretty loose though,,,

Only those old Hysteric putt putts, that also do 1.50, ( my old Z) or, its baby brother a little 2.6 litre, that sits on 1.48's

On tiny teeny 6" rims., and wafer thin cheese slicer brake discs.

Your Spurts See-dan should be doung 1.42's, like the Mazda RX7 I have here!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Giving this a quick bump, I had intended to update the home page earlier re: this event, just done it now. Not sure I'll make it down at the moment. Will aim to at least say hi to a couple of folks if I can.

Doesn't look like there's a lot of cars?

Around 200 entered for the event overall, today was registration day and observation rally so people coming and going all day rather than staying in one place.

Edited by 1600dave

Someone else will have to give a full report, I spent most of the weekend collecting entry forms, selling raffle tickets, answering questions and running the motorkhana. Such is the life of an event organiser. Did manage to put a face to some forum people, which is always nice.

The whole event seemed to be pretty well received from feedback we got. Obviously, there are always things that could be done better in hindsight.

One observation I have comes from my wife. Despite being dragged out of bed yesterday at 4am in time to get down to Sydney and set up the motorkhana course, then sitting out on the skidpan all day directing competitors and doing timing, and finally getting back home at 10pm, she enjoyed the experience. She was very pleased with the friendliness of just about everybody, even when she was telling them they had the wrong wristband, in the wrong line, etc. Datsun people are generally nice guys !

And one proud father moment - my daughter Chloe took out 1st placed junior in the motorkhana, despite spending most of the event also officiating as timekeeper and not getting many runs in. She mostly drove the Sydney Datsun Club owned 1600 (available for all members of the SDC to borrow and drive in Motorsport events, what a great club !!!!)  having never driven it before, and another entrant was then kind enough to offer her a drive in his 300ZX, as well as take her for some passenger laps. Very generous and most appreciated. I guess Nissan people aren't too bad either.

post-100293-0-88516900-1492474563_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1600dave

Good on you and your family Dave, sounds like a great day for all. 

The all Nissan Datsun thing is working, it was a while ago that the Z Car Club Q while wanting to remain Z centric realised that to have a viable Nationals you had to have the numbers and the way to do that was not to stay with Z's only. I think that having a mix makes it more interesting for everyone too.

Nothing wrong with having an event for a more specific range of cars, so long as the expectation of what the event will comprise is realistic. Fairlady's for instance have their own nationals.

Getting enough of a particular model or small group of models to cover the huge cost of hiring Eastern Creek GP circuit for example means it would be an unacceptable risk for anybody to contemplate.