Nissan Datsun Nationals

BennyZed

• Moderators

Wow the marketing is so good this is the first i've heard of it.

I thought I must have been living under rock, but No, there is at least one other who has not heard of this event.

Cheers

PB

Easter is the usual long weekend for nationals, allows for travelling time. Of course you have to be keen to make it a priority  >:D

Anyway, reading the little info that is available, the track events may not be worth it for me eg a normal sprint day there gives you 5 or 6 runs @ 8 minutes a time.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway, reading the little info that is available, the track events may not be worth it for me eg a normal sprint day there gives you 5 or 6 runs @ 8 minutes a time.

The track event will be pretty much the same format as the NSW supersprint rounds - 5 groups / 8-10 minutes per run. There is a "cruise" planned when the normal lunch break is on where cars other than those competing can do a few laps (at a "sensible" speed...).

Turn 1 at Eastern Creek on the GP circuit is right up there with any other corner at any other track in Australia. Personally, I find it the scariest corner on any track I've been on (with the possible exception of most corners at Lakeside......). Get in and give it a go and see what you think !

And for a bit of a change, the wet skidpan is running as well for some sideways handbrake motorkhana fun !

Edited by 1600dave

10 mins on the GP circuit should be enough time for an outlap and 3-4 timed laps. Its a shorter / quicker lap than, say, Phillip Island. The NSW Supersprint Championship specifies "minimum of 3 laps per session". Yes it is a short-ish period but the challenge is to post one good, fast lap in the time you have. Not sure if its just me / my car setup / tyres / fatigue / inability to concentrate for longer than 10 mins / something else, but I always find that my 2nd or 3rd lap is quickest - no matter how much longer I stay on the track or how much harder I think I'm pushing, I can't better the times I set in those first few laps.

Thanks for the info Dave, 8 to 10 minutes is good as it's basically time attack not racing.

You just dont want to be embarrased with all the "gunna be da fastest" talk!

Btw time attack is purely one single flyer, after 1-2 warm ups, at least in a Supersprint, you can pretend you'll be racing,,,,,,,

• Moderators

Nothing beats the racing you used to do Jason, in those old putt putt cars that would get owned by any decent road car these days >:D

Plenty of fun to had in getting the most at any car (or bike) it is not always about absolute speed. Edited by PB260Z

Said old putt putt certainly nails your fire breathing highest hawspowah EllEss engined spurts seedan!

2.57's at Bathurst were we!

( cue excuses,,,,,)

Ahh Richo, we all know you're a gun driver, and car builder too!

You just HAVE to show everyone how, at NDN17

The track with the fastest corner, now, in the country!

You make sure to nail them putt putt road cars, this time!

( Surfers Paradise used to be the fastest corner!)

No one goes through turn 1 at EC flat you stirrers  :P  So what do I do? Stop work on the project car and fix up the 280ZX? We'll see but sprints are on there regularly. Sounds like there are not many takers for these Nats from Q, maybe Challenge Bathurst is the new nationals.