aircobra

Heaps Of '71 Wiring/electrical Questions. Se Melb

well, the big day arrived when i'm putting the wiring/electrics  back in to the bare shell. i have a copy of the factory manual scan ( shocking quality), which has the basic diagram in it.

so here come the questions - numbered for convenience

1. the turn signal sockets are buggered. i had a look on the net and they look like 1157 type sockets, but the lugs don;t match. from what i can tell, its a dual filament, 3 lug bayonet waterproof socket. does any one know the actual code or where to get them from

2. where are all the earth points supposed to be? < pictures if possible pls>

3. how many relays, of what type are there meant to be and where do they mount?

a. for the turn signal

b. for the hazard lite ( 2 pin?)

c. for the wiper motor ( still attached to the motor, so i think i'm ok there)

d. for the horn ( i think the small square one on the left side under the glovebox)

i'm hoping they're all basic 2 or 3 pin can type analogue units like these

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/store/electrical-wiring/flashers-relays/1021626?page=1&pageSize=24&sort=-ProductSummaryViewsWeighted%2C-ProductSummaryViewsTotal.

i'm also getting one of those H4 realy kits for the headlights, so that shd be great

i'll get a couple sockets from the vintage connector place as quite a few of them from the engine bay are toasted and corroded

thanks in advance

Tough type of questions, I'd be looking for relevant pics in the factory manual, they often show parts type and location. With the type of work you are doing a real factory manual would be a good investment.

i'm making progress

does anyone know where to get the correct multi colored wires from ? the onyl place i could see is some american supplier on ebay. surely there must be some local automotive elec. supliers that sell it by the meter?