Newbie From Sydney

Hi,

Just joined up. Previously owned a 240Z and sold it due to the child seat didn't fit in the back.

Now looking to buy another one and realising how much they have gone up in value.

Would be curious to know if anyone knows the whereabouts of my old car.

It featured on the cover of Street and Custom in 1988.

post-105539-0-08565300-1484793042_thumb.jpgpost-105539-0-12753700-1484793086_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

I think I saw the magazine it was featured in recently on eBay with the full spread. I don't know where that car is now, but if you can find the chassis ID I may have a record of it?

It was a 73 model right?

Hello Brad,

I know where the original engine (L24-077920) from your car is - it's in my car.  :)

I bought it from the guy with a Skyline (Philip Emery) that you sold it to - and I met you at your place in 1987.

Edited by GongZ

• Administrators

Well it was a pretty early 72 then. My 72 L24 is 078080 and is HS30 10552. So we can at least assume it was a lower number than that.

Not often you find the original motor usually only the car and the motor is a mystery.

Hello Brad,

I know where the original engine (L24-077920) from your car is - it's in my car.  :)

I bought it from the guy with a Skyline (Philip Emery) that you sold it to - and I met you at your place in 1987.

Hi GongZ,

Can't remember your name but hope the engine is still going strong. Now looking to buy another 240Z project ( or 260Z Coupe ).

Brad

That was an interesting read on your old car and I wish you the best of luck in tracking it down

Gotta love that era of scantily clad women looking under the bonnet of worked cars

• Moderators

Hi Brad

Welcome, I too have memories of reading about your old car 30 odd years ago.

The cars have indeed gone up in value, especially over the last few years - most agree that they will continue to do so.

As the prices have gone up, cars seem to keep appearing - possibly driven out of hiding by $$$

Anyway, good luck with the search and I look forward to hearing a success story at some stage.

Cheers

PB