hardsurvival

Looking For Intake Manifold Triple

I have one of the Harada manifolds that I will be fitting to one of our cars with a set of 45 Dellorto's.

The manifold by the look of it is very well made, linkages could be better I feel but hopefully they will do the job.

I'm also thinking about getting one of the Mangoletsi manifolds for another car, no real reason but they too look pretty good from the pictures and the linkages might be better, anyone have any thoughts?

I have attached a couple of pictures of the Mangoletsi manifold.

post-103877-0-50196000-1484454239_thumb.png

post-103877-0-00631900-1484454272_thumb.png

post-103877-0-73442500-1484454333_thumb.png

That manifold fouls on the base section of thermostat housing, nothing a decent bit of file work wont fix.

The anodised linkakes on the round section long rod, will slip and cause carbs to go out of balance.

Look elsewhere for the hexagonal section rod and matching arms, for a positive non slipping linkage.

Have fitted these, and had minor issues.

That manifold fouls on the base section of thermostat housing, nothing a decent bit of file work wont fix.

The anodised linkakes on the round section long rod, will slip and cause carbs to go out of balance.

Look elsewhere for the hexagonal section rod and matching arms, for a positive non slipping linkage.

Have fitted these, and had minor issues.

Which manifold one are you referring to Jason?

Which manifold one are you referring to Jason?

The Harada manifold. As above, i fitted it to Casey's car last year, the round shaft with bolt clamped linkage arms, supplied with it, would not hold.

On the pic link in Gavs post, on the far right, the additional rectangular alloy bar, that raises the linkage rod, to get it better aligned, that end bit of alloy section, fouls the thermostat housing.

Edited by dat2kman

The Harada manifold. As above, i fitted it to Casey's car last year, the round shaft with bolt clamped linkage arms, supplied with it, would not hold.

On the pic link in Gavs post, on the far right, the additional rectangular alloy bar, that raises the linkage rod, to get it better aligned, that end bit of alloy section, fouls the thermostat housing.

Ahhh you used the 'small port' manifold - I remember having relieve that post to clear the thermostat on a customers Z.

The Harada 'Big Port' doesn't have that problem.

The top linkage arms are fine in use on the carb drop links,

but you have to replace the one of the firewall with an EFi Hardware item, because - as you say - the supplied one doesn't have enough purchase on the rod, causing it to slip.

Is the only difference between these two Harada manifolds that the 'rod type' comes with the linkage connection to the firewall whilst the 'wire type' does not?

https://www.rhdjapan.com/kameari-intake-manifold-kit-l-type-50mm-l6-rod-type.html

https://www.rhdjapan.com/kameari-intake-manifold-kit-l-type-50mm-l6-wire-type.html

Also on another note, are the above 50mm big port manifolds too large for a relatively stock L28 with triple 44's? Or is the 42mm small port manifold a more appropriate choice?

Bumping this thread back from the dead.

I've recently obtained some 45 Webers and need a new manifold to suit my (standard/unported) engine. Should I get the big port or small port manifold? I've got no concerns grinding the manifold to clear the thermostat, I just want what's best suited to the carbs and engine.

Edit: I've noticed there are two types of Harada manfold available. So on top of the small vs big port, which is better? Variant 1 or 2?

Variant 1:

http://www.jcy.co.jp/hrd/M1002.htm

and

Variant 2:

http://www.jcy.co.jp/hrd/MP1002R.htm

Edited by Agno

Bumping this thread back from the dead.

I've recently obtained some 45 Webers and need a new manifold to suit my (standard/unported) engine. Should I get the big port or small port manifold? I've got no concerns grinding the manifold to clear the thermostat, I just want what's best suited to the carbs and engine.

.../...

This is what was supplied with my 45 Webers : http://www.jcy.co.jp/hrd/M1001.htm

post-105219-0-74301600-1512352388_thumb.jpg

Looking at manifolds and trying to make sure i make the right purchase to suit my 44s.

Lurch you mentioned small port was better.?

But doesnt this one foul and not fit properly from what dat2kman has said. ?

Thanks for the clarification in advance.

Open to any other suggestions that might now be available also.

Posted (edited)

Kameari small port - $600 with linkages. Order direct from Kameari Japan.

Linkage post at distributor end may need light clearencing to clear the distributor.

Redline and cannon are also fine - I just prefer the Kameari/Harass item.

Edited by Lurch ™

Thanks lurch

Good to get clarification on what item. Ive looked at the redline and canon items and they didnt really float my boat either.

Whats the main difference between tge smallport and bigport items so i can understand it better.

Is the bigport overkill and create less airflow speed ?

Depends on power you're making, most here won't need the big port as they are not running a 3.1+ltr L28 with 50mm Solex Carbs hanging off it. Under 300HP and the small port is fine.

Also there is a lot of aftermarket manifolds floating around on Yahoo! Auctions, but often missing linkages and have been modified (port matched to who knows what engines) etc.. for $250-$300 odd asking before shipping, importing duties, broker fees etc.. simply not worth buying second hand. Go with the proven manifold with everything new for a bit more. That's what I did and bought the Harada manifold.