Topy Steel / Spare Wheels - Eoi?

gav240z

• Administrators

Costs about $100 to widen 

I think 5.5 was widest available

Nick

Yes I seem to think 5.5j is the widest available also.

• Administrators

I don't know if these were widened, how can you tell?

I'd say you would see the weld beads inside, also the widened ones I've seen no longer have the date stamp on the inner rim area as they just cut off the outer rim and retained the inner portion.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I've got a friend in SFO who I'm waiting on to get his act together and start shipping his hoard of stuff. I've seen sets for sale from time to time, like on Classiczcars.com recently.

But importing individual sets like this is not always the most cost effective.

I know of someone else in LA with some also, they generally are not too expensive (unless early 240z date stamps) but the cost of freight within US and to Australia is where it gets expensive.

I had some new rubber fitted to these Topys this morning! Some photo for enthusiasm if you're into it!

the rears are Topy centres in a wider rim 14x6

fronts are standard 14x5

i had16 inch Toyo R1R tyres before.... totally different handling with these  !

date stamps where fitted are 260z vintage but i don't care

post-101122-0-71375500-1515657096_thumb.jpg

post-101122-0-78994700-1515657944_thumb.jpg

post-101122-0-36338400-1515658661_thumb.jpg

post-101122-0-54500900-1515658785_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Yeah that's great, I was thinking of doing similar but only thing I'd change is some white letters on the tyre walls like "DUNLOP" or "GOOD YEAR" for that old school racer look.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

All is fair in love and war, I will import more eventually, but not exactly encouraged by the fact that my 2 seater roof has been for sale a while now and no takers... thought it would be in hot demand. It's got me thinking about weather or not it's worth the effort to import large items for anyone other than myself.

On the other hand those 5 speed buttons sell like hot cakes..

It's got me thinking about weather or not it's worth the effort to import large items for anyone other than myself.

Well I have my doubts too on that score. Mind you, you could surely find front guards in better condition than those four on eBay currently. Awkward shapes to ship though.

On the other hand those 5 speed buttons sell like hot cakes..

I just can't believe how many you sell either. I've still got the original wooden knob on my 260 in excellent condition, button included, so can't understand how people are wrecking them or losing them. But if for 5-speed conversions, sure. Good on you for filling a void, every bit helps the Zed hobby.

Edited by gilltech