Hi From Paris, France !

Hi there, 

I'm Amar, owner of one of the few lasting French 240z, for about 2 years now. It's a money endless pit but ...I love it :)

It's a 5 speed tranny from factory, not a 4speed as most cars and is still almost oem.

No crack on dash, but usual rust everywhere..

Here it is : 

Restoration process has started now, a new paint is coming soon !

And of course, Happy new year to all.

post-105506-0-81987000-1483454862_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Nice car, I think European spec HLS30's are very close to Australian delivered HS30's. I would be interested in any more details around the original specification of your car if you can share those details?

I believe that French market cars didn't have the engine number stamped on the ID plate. (see below photo - from this thread). However AU markets like North American market cars did have the engine ID on this plate. Perhaps not a requirement in France at that time?

post-1-0-81703300-1455347147.jpg

Hi Gavin,

This picture could hav been out of my car ! :)

You're right French 240z have exactly this plate and never integrates any engine numbers, in any cars here old classics or new ones.

Even cars papers does not mention engine numbers, it only mentions the chassis number.

The good part of this is that such cars are always "matching numbers" :)

I do believe too that the french and aussie market are really close. But I know that french ones has very specific tail lights, an "Euroish" design, but neither US, nor euro and JDM, I'll post some pictures if interested !

Amar

Welcome Amar - Nice looking car has a cool vibe about it - like the shot in front of the prestiges old world fountain, will be interested to see more photos when the times comes. Cheers AK - well done on getting one of the very last in your country

Welcome Amar - Nice looking car has a cool vibe about it - like the shot in front of the prestiges old world fountain, will be interested to see more photos when the times comes. Cheers AK - well done on getting one of the very last in your country

Thanks AK for your kind words.

It's currently getting prepared for removing rust from fenders, rockers and engine bay, then will be painted !

I'll take some pictures when I can !

Quite rare car indeed ! My research indicates there are least than 50  french domestic market 240Z remaining in the streets.

Amar