Hey From Melbourne

Hey all,

Just purchased a '71 240Z. It's pretty original. Has had a respray at some point in original white, original engine and gearbox. Has a bit of rust on the door, hideously cracked dash, missing a few bits and general wear and tear that you have to expect from a 45 year old car. 

I've been a big fan of the 240Z for a long time now. I recall childhood memories of my uncle's rust ridden red 240  Car was recently advertised on ebay so bit the bullet...and just did it. 

I've previously played around a bit with VW's, had a Polo GTI, then a Golf R32. My dad's into vintage/classic cars so I guess it's in the blood. 

The car is currently awaiting some tidying up and tuning prior to roadworthy. So I'll soon be posting a long list of WTB items. My plan at this stage is to keep it fairly original and just enjoy it as it is...hopefully improving as time and money permits. 

14717170_1122337094510900_33461036032239

• Administrators

Welcome - looks fantastic, congratulations on the purchase!

Good luck with the parts search - unfortunately I am no help!

ps. before Gav gets in... what's the chassis number?

HS30 01280

https://goo.gl/photos/RkH2Lfjpuo7LxEnu5

I'm already aware of the car, Lindsay Drife from Zshop sold it to Zack in Penrith.