sco_aus

Spotted (Vic)

While riding my roadie up in the Dandenong's this afternoon a white (240 I think) went past me, very original looking car with vinyl sunroof LEB-890. This was om the Tourist road between Sasafrass and Olinda.

While riding my roadie up in the Dandenong's this afternoon a white (240 I think) went past me, very original looking car with vinyl sunroof LEB-890. This was om the Tourist road between Sasafrass and Olinda.

My May 1974 260z rego was LWE-229 so, yes, likely to be a 1973 240Z.

Saw this car again today, only 200m from my place! Old dude, easily in his late 60's early 70's with his wife. We waved but he was going the opposite direction and by the time i did a youie he was gone.

Spotted a silver/grey 2+2, with a g-nose & rear louvers on Cheltenham Road in Keysborough this morning, anyone here?

Pic attached. Hopefully ft

Pic attached. Hopefully ft

I saw the same car in St Albans parked in the main shopping strip about 3 weeks ago.  I have several pictures of it but not sure how to load them here.  Nice car!

Are you using the phone app? If so use "full version" (btm of screen) this gives you the option to add pictures.

No app Ilbert, I'm using my lap top.  

Are you using the phone app? If so use "full version" (btm of screen) this gives you the option to add pictures.

Out St Andrews way in Victoria.

Pretty sure it's a 2+2.. what's sad is that there is a massive shed next to it. Boggles my mind that it's not inside it.

IMG_20180616_133047.jpg

IMG_20180616_133051.jpg

28 minutes ago, gav240z said:

Pretty sure it's a 2+2.. what's sad is that there is a massive shed next to it. Boggles my mind that it's not inside it.

Hi Gav

NO, you are looking at this the wrong way.

The question is not why isn't the bus in the shed, the real question is - what Barn Finds are in the shed :) 

57 minutes ago, gav240z said:

IMG_20180616_133047.jpg

IMG_20180616_133051.jpg

Are they rally lights on the front? 

Also trying to interpret what's written on the back. Possibly starts with Tyre or Type?? 

Thought crossed my mind, I was going to knock but held off for now. I will see if it's still there again in a few months / year and might decide to knock.

Is it just me, but the tyres don't look flat. So possibly hasn't been sitting for a long time. Plus the cover is relatively clean. 

Rego is out though so it's been expired at a minimum 12+ months. I didn't see any obvious rust coming through from the fence.

And the grass is not looking like a car has been there for 12 months.

Posted (edited)

Yea, my thought exactly. No match on Vic roads website though. Does that mean it's been unregistered for sometime? 

Ignore that, just saw Gavs post above. 

Edited by RAP260

On 7/8/2018 at 9:38 PM, gav240z said:

Knifepoint / Highpoint :D

Off topic I know but does it still have that rep? Being Sydney folks when we lived on Melbourne for a couple of years we had no idea and went there a fair bit. Never once got offered any meth

Haha, yeah I went there years ago and it wasn't that bad. I just like to stir the pot. I still refer to Sunshine as Scumshine. Even though I've looked at houses there for sale.

I also refer to Frankston as Frankanistan, but again have been looking at houses out that way.

Having lived in JoBurg for 3 months in 2012, I would not consider any of these areas rough in comparison. It's all relative.