For Sale: Silver 1973 5 Spd Manual 240Z

cracker

Posting here before I advertise "publicly" in the coming day or two... and the site will receive a donation regardless of whether the buyer is found on here or not.

This largely original 240z is a rare example of a genuinely rust free car with original paint.

Untouched for most of it’s life, this car was purchased new from Lennock Motors in Canberra, where it lived until approximately 2007. The dealer deposit receipt is included in a large stack of papers/history of the car and the dealer sticker still sits in all it’s patina glory on the hatch window. The car lived in Wodonga from 2007 til 2013 and has been in Adelaide with me since.

The paint is a little tired after 45 years but looks brilliant from 10 yards. I regularly get asked if I restored the car personally, which I think seems generous but with a clean and polish it really does look fantastic. The clear coat has flaked in sections on the roof which would benefit from attention.

The interior is in good condition and the seats have been replaced with modern seats from an FD RX7 for added safety and support. This car is driven regularly and enjoyed so the additional comfort/support was required. The original seats can be supplied with the car though they require reupholstering (included are original seat rails).

The car runs and drives brilliantly. In the last few years the suspension has been completely refreshed with new springs, struts, bushings, ball joints and tie rod ends throughout. It now sits a touch lower than standard with a firm ride which handles very well and is great fun on a Sunday drive and quite liveable for the odd peak hour run. The gearbox was reconditioned in late 2013 by the late Datsun guru Peter Hall.

The L24 (non matching) engine had minor upgrades (hardened valve seats/electronic ignition) done by the previous owner and has been maintained personally and regularly by myself. Quality mineral oil (Penrite HPR30 20w-60) and long life coolant (water wetter) has been used without exception. The original hitachi carburettors were last tuned approximately 12 months ago and are still running well. The car stays cool and happy even in 40+ degree weather and it would comfortably make any long distance journey if the buyer required.

A set of triple side draught 40phh Mikuni carburettors were bought approximately one year ago and have not been installed but will be included in the sale. They include linkage and manifold and came from a running L28 engine, though I’d recommend new seals to ensure longevity.

The wheels on the car are performance superlites 15x7 and the tyres have plenty of life in them, and the car will also come with the factory spare topy steel wheel.

In addition to the seats and triples there is a small assortment of spare parts to be included with the car. I will happily sell for less if the buyer does not want the carburettor setup or the seats. I could even swap a set of hotwires with very little tread onto the car if the superlites aren't desired.

Inspection is encouraged and test drives are welcomed from serious buyers. My price is negotiable and I would love to see the car go to an enthusiast. The car is unencumbered and free of accident history. Registered until mid February. Please call with any queries - 0403527398 or PM.

$37,000

Cheers,

James

I have attached a few pics and have linked a whole flickr album below:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/60359483@N05/with/30900658374/

post-101055-0-64418600-1482152121_thumb.jpg

post-101055-0-97243400-1482152168_thumb.jpg

post-101055-0-86671700-1482152182_thumb.jpg

post-101055-0-46263800-1482152189_thumb.jpg

Edited by cracker