Alternative Retracter Seat Belts For 76 /s30

zeds4ever

Just received word back from Seatbelt King in Melbourne that he is unable to rebuild my seat belt units for me , I wish to retain the same set up as these so can anyone please advise me on what I can use as a alternative . They bolt onto the top of the rear strut tower units & the strap passes thru a bar set up which bolts to the side of the door pillar.

Last piece to finish my car so would appreciate any help .

Regards: Alan . 

Edited by zeds4ever

Not sure if you guys have tried Hemco? http://www.hemco.com.au/

I had to get retractable seatbelts for my 240Z when I was getting the Engineers certificate; dealt with a gentleman by the name of Wayne who was really helpful. I can dig up the part numbers that I ordered - may not suit your application though as I mounted the mechanism on the wheel arch and then used the existing mounting points.

Not sure if you guys have tried Hemco? http://www.hemco.com.au/

I had to get retractable seatbelts for my 240Z when I was getting the Engineers certificate; dealt with a gentleman by the name of Wayne who was really helpful. I can dig up the part numbers that I ordered - may not suit your application though as I mounted the mechanism on the wheel arch and then used the existing mounting points.

Would you mind posting some pics of the install please.

Mick

this is my setup, 76 260z
I used an aftermarket retractor and mounted it on the stock seatbelt mounting plate.
Im not sure if all the cars have these? but mine has had them ever since I have owned it.
Mine doesnt have the stalk on the window pillar anymore though, the belt goes through my seat now, but i wonder if you would be able to get Klippan, or Autoliv aftermarket or whatever they are called now to use this retractor part number and put your pillar stalk on before they sew the buckle in place.
I reckon any engineer would be pretty happy to sign off on that, may not be exactly like oem, but its pretty damn close.

post-100539-0-51459900-1481162532_thumb.jpg

post-100539-0-92700600-1481162556_thumb.jpg

post-100539-0-97127900-1481162580_thumb.jpg

Photos aren't the greatest but you get the idea. I was reluctant to mount the seatbelt mechanism on the wheel arch but due to space limitations because of my seats, I didn't really have much of a choice. There is a reinforcement plate also supplied by Hemco that provides a mounting point for the seatbelt mechanism. The drop-link uses the existing mounting point in the pillar and the anchor point also uses the existing mounting point between the seat and door jamb. The cable stalk also uses the existing mounting point.

Due to the reel being so close to the drop-link, I believe Wayne may have made the seatbelts slightly shorter so I didn't have issues with the webbing feeding back into the reel.

Part numbers:

Seatbelt mechanism/drop-link: 1600009 ($165ea)

350mm cable stalk: 1766029 (included in the above price)

Reinforcement plates: 1740211 ($5.50ea)

S&H: $26.40 

Bought these in 2014 so prices may not be the same.

Hope that helps. 

Marc.

1600009 Issue C Mar-14.pdf

1766029 - 350mm 45° DS Stalk.pdf

post-102301-0-93024000-1481324380_thumb.png

post-102301-0-44799000-1481324405_thumb.png

Yeah, nice. I was wondering if you had of used the 260z brackets mounted on top of the strut tower. I prefer your installation, it looks to be a little less conspicuous. It's great you used most of the existing seat belt anchor points too.

Cheers

Mick