For Sale 240Z #710

Dandaman

Hi guys

Im selling my 240z HS30-00710 with matching numbers and 5-speed manual gearbox, dual hand throttle/choke.

Listed on Gumtree today (should be up in a couple of hours per the website)

Asking price is $15K

Located in Park Holme, South Australia.

Model: 240z

Price and Payment Conditions: $15,000 cash in hand
Item Condition: Fair
Body: Rust in hatch sill panel, dog legs, floor pans, battery tray
Mechanical: Requires towing
Engineers Certificate: Not applicable
Contact Details: PM for contact details

In 2011 the engine was rebuilt by JH Southcott, shock absorbers and bushes were replaced, and a new alternator fitted. Standard manifold has been swapped for a header, everything else is stock.

She has been in storage for a couple of years now and I don't think i will be able to give her the time to get her back on the road again. A new battery and a review of the engine loom would be needed to get her running again.

Rust is in the usual places (hatch sill panel, dog legs, floor pans, battery tray).

I also have numerous spare parts (hatch, bonnet, doors, door cards, original fender mirrors, headlight cover kit, seats, gearbox, spoiler + more) and would be happy to part with them all for an extra $1500 to the buyer of the car.

PM me for contact details.

Daniel

post-101196-0-05062600-1480223163_thumb.jpgpost-101196-0-59044400-1480223182_thumb.jpgpost-101196-0-81992800-1480223205_thumb.jpgpost-101196-0-68939400-1480223224_thumb.jpg

post-101196-0-40145000-1480223246_thumb.jpg

post-101196-0-39261400-1480223265_thumb.jpg

post-101196-0-75186500-1480223291_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dandaman

So refreshing to see a honest good deal for that price. ^-^

If only this was in NSW area!

Hope it goes to someone who will take good care of it and doesn't sell it  for triple the cost  down the track (without a good amount of work put in)

• Administrators

Daniel:

I also have numerous spare parts (hatch, bonnet, doors, door cards, original fender mirrors, headlight cover kit, seats, gearbox, spoiler + more) and would be happy to part with them all for an extra $1500 to the buyer of the car.

I'll send a PM re: this lot.

• Administrators

So refreshing to see a honest good deal for that price. ^-^

If only this was in NSW area!

You can get the car transported to NSW. Cost me about $1000 AUD when I did it with HS30 00150.

You can get the car transported to NSW. Cost me about $1000 AUD when I did it with HS30 00150.

True, but i tend to go about and have a look before i buy something,  slow method i know, but it saved me last time.

Though this looks way better than the lot i was looking at for a way better price!

• Administrators

I bought HS30 00150 unseen, I really just went on gut, but I had a couple of members in SA give me a bit of information about the car. The way the market is you really just have to take a punt and be prepared for what restoration will involve.

Of course I do think it's possible many are jumping in for fear or missing out also and perhaps buying cars that are far worse than advertised so obviously be careful, but this has a lot going for it, relatively complete car which looks original and has matching # engine and a relatively low build #.

But of course everyone has a different appetite for risk.

• Administrators

Im sceptical on how new the id plate is,as you can buy them stamped with whatever numbers on ebay.and the stamping on the firewall looks dodgy.

Just my 2 cents.

I've observed quite a few over the years and I have no reason to believe it's dodgy, not only that but the engine no. matches the build date of a 71 AU delivered 240z.

I've started to collect photos of very early ones in particular to observe the alignment and kerning / spacing of them.

https://goo.gl/photos/ExtZEsmnqrkStLPG9