PeterAllen

Hazard Light Switch - Questions.

Did the 3/72 240Zs have a Hazard Light Switch (HLS)?

If so;

Was the switch illuminated with the instrument lights, i.e. Headlights switched on?

or

Did the switch, or associated notification light, only illuminate when the HLS was engaged?

or

Did only the indicator notification (blinker) lights on the dash flash as notification the Hazard Lights were on?

Thanks

Hi Peter

I bought a new 240Z in early 1973 and it did not have a hazard light switch...nor does the 1973 car that I have now.... with my current car in bits ( how unusual is that??) it looks like the wiring is there for hazard lights.

No AU market 240z's had a Hazard Switch I'm afraid.

The 73 models in the US with the illuminated heater facia also had the illuminated hazard switch.

The early models had the "flash" toggle switch where the lighter goes.

The 72 models had the same toggle switch but the logo was the typical "hazard" logo you see to this day.

Okay.

The engineer wanted one installed but I wasn't sure if they required any other means of knowing they were "on", other than the two lights flashing on the dash.

All fitted and working. It kind of looks like Christmas in the shed when they are "on".

The '73 model year hazard switch is illuminated with the dash lights. There is a fibre optic light pipe that goes back to a bulb to do this. This applies to USDM cars, though I'm sure other markets that had the hazard switch fitted in '73 would be the same.

Edited by Six_Shooter