potter260

260Z 2+2 Original Interior?

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone can tell me how original this interior is? I know some parts aren't...

Thanks everyone in advance as i don't have much of an idea on 2+2s

post-101835-0-62291100-1479720781_thumb.jpg

post-101835-0-76239900-1479720836_thumb.jpg

post-101835-0-55578100-1479720850_thumb.jpg

post-101835-0-97909700-1479720864_thumb.jpg

The hood lining is original and the rest isn't. The seats and rear struts would have been in the same cream beige colour. There were a couple of patterns in the seat. Either basket weave, or holed pattern like the 240Z seats.
Basket weave example
260Z%20Seat_zpsclwv0na3.jpg

Bronze brown basket weave example

Rear%20hatch%20trim%20panel_zpslzwel9sd.

Rear strut tower cover. These are a moulded plastic.
IMG_0707_zpsdxmk43tc.jpg

This borrowed from another post.

260Z 2+2 History of

The 2+2 came out standard with 5 speed manual or Auto, AM/FM radio, hubcaps, steering wheel centre padded hub, no bonnet vents, vinyl covered transmission tunnel, open console, black armrests, $8550-00 on the road.
Early 1976 they upgraded the Zed, adding mag wheels, carpet over the transmission tunnel, and in mid-1976 added pollution equipment to the engine, bonnet vents were introduced, air-conditioning and AM/FM search radio cassette were now an options pack, steering wheel had a smaller stylish horn hub, interior of the 2+2 now had colour co-ordinated armrests and carpets and vinyls. The interior colours were beige/white, bronze/brown and black, the centre console with a lid was introduced.

Edited by Groundhog

Good picture and deal here.

Ditto what Groundhog says, looks to be in good order.

If you go after that set then just check that the door trim panel 'holes' look to be in the same positions as for your car - the 2-seater door trims changed at least once across the years, maybe the 2+2 did as well.

Edited by gilltech

Whatever set you find, just check it will actually fit your car. Door trims, & the panels either side of the rear deck - there were changes made by Nissan.

Thanks very much guys, the interior is of a car I am thinking about purchasing and the owner was adamant it was original.... but he is a Holden man. Still not decided yet but thanks very much it has definitely helped me in making my decision.

Thanks Mitch

No, a PO has gone to a lot of trouble to refurbish the interior at some time in the car's history. And changed the colour in the process, maybe finding the white/cream too hard to maintain.

Are all the interior panels with the car? The panel at the rear of the roof, & the RH rear deck panel, are missing in the photos.

As Groundhog pointed out, there should be circular plastic caps covering the bolts on top of the rear struts, not strips of vinyl.

Edited by gilltech