Steering Wheel Refurb Costs

74zzz

HI all

Have managed to get hold of an original 260z steering wheel but am unsure if it is beyond repair. Anyone had the rubber replaced as it is stuffed? if so how much did it cost? Wondering if I should bother if its a few 100 bucks or just get a nardi 330 wood rimed jobby

Cheers!

Edited by 74zzz

You may be interested in this alternative - it looks good in the photos

Datsun 260Z steering wheel - $250 in Melbourne http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/south-morang/other-parts-accessories/datsun-260z-steering-wheel/1127913334

Datsun 260z steering wheel and horn pad. Very good original condition. This wheel has never been upholstered. The rubber is still perfect as well the horn pad.

Very rare to find an original steering wheel let alone one in this condition.

I have all the hardware for the steering wheel and horn pad which will be included.

$_20.JPG$_20.JPG

• Administrators

Anything can be repaired, I was looking at a really rough wheel on Yahoo! Auctions a while ago. It was a period correct "Mach" wheel in need of restoration. I found this place in Melbourne.

Check out the restoration work they did on the Austin Healey wheel.

http://www.yesteryearsteeringwheels.com.au/2015/03/austin-healey-1950s/

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this gav but i think its a little rich for a 260 wheel even though its in good nick........... 250 for a decent 240 wheel but with the amount of 260s floating around the price he is asking is about 70 bucks off what i would consider spending. Will get in contact to see what he will take but if he thinks 250is a reasonable price to list i don't think he will be the type to negotiate :) did you see the front valance on gumtree? it started at 550!!! some people a well an truly trying to cash in....noticed its dropped to 450 which I still think is about 150 what it should be listed for  :)

Edited by 74zzz