krizza

Firewall Linkage For Triples

Hi Guys,

I have finally finished rebuilding the set of triple 40DCOE-18 Weber carbs I picked up a few months ago and am in the process of installing them to my 260Z bus. They are on a Cannon manifold with what I believe is the Cannon linkage kit which accepts the stock style throttle linkage rod.

I have hit a problem which is that the stock rod from the firewall used by the old SUs is ~40mm to long for the new setup. I assume that I need to cut and reweld the rod to suit the new setup but I wanted to ask what everyone else who runs triples has done? I couldn't find any info on this so if there is another option please let me know.

Also if anyone has a spare firewall to carb linkage rod from a wreck that they are willing to sell I would be happy to take it off your hands, as I would like to keep the old rod with the SUs as spares if possible.

Cheers,

Kris

I cut and welded mine and it works fine

Thanks for the extremely quick response! That is what I figured I would need to do.

There are 2 types of rods. A solid one and a hollow one. I wouldnt try welding the hollow one without first reinforcing it with a rod or something on the inside.

Good info Retro Z. I cut mine to size last night and thankfully it is the solid type, so shouldn't be an issue to weld it back together.