Toyota Celica Gt4 - St205

Roady

Hey guys,

I am trying to track down all the originally delivered ST205's. Originally there were #77 of them. I have been trawling through all the Celica sites and tracked 8 so far - but as all of you are car enthusiasts with older Z cars hoping someone here might have a few leads for me as well or can put me in touch with someone who has some ideas

Cheers everyone

Edited by Roady

Neil Bates has at least two of these. He purchased his arc winning car back from Mike Myers a few years ago and he has a track day car as well. He might be of some assistance? They are a great car. Fastest I have ever been in a rally car was in one of these down a straight at Bega valley rally. 215 kmph in the bush on dirt!!!! We imported one from Japan that now resides in WA I think?

post-103565-0-52753700-1472807768_thumb.jpeg

post-103565-0-99526600-1472807830_thumb.jpeg

Thank Jeff, I am in the process of chasing him up also in the hope he has also serviced a few of them.

Great idea thanks mate

There are a few personal imports floating around, some may even be of the original (2500) batch that people have imported from Japan or overseas. But it's those like Neil has (the original 77) that I'm chasing.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Roady

Have seen several of these in Auckland NZ. Google says just 5 were sold new there. I suspect there would be more than that, others probably ex-JDM cars such as flood the market there since the demise of the local car assembly market. But it's possible the odd one from Australia's quota may have been brought in from Australia by a returning expat, a long shot but maybe worth keeping in mind.

Edited by gilltech

• Moderators

Hi

I know of one in Sydney and have had the privilege of driving it, a very fun experience, understandably the owner has absolutely no intention of selling it.

Cheers

PB

Retro Z & PB260z - are you in contact with the owners of these cars? Yes it's the group A rallye GT4 from 1994-95 era.

I'm not actually looking to buy as I actually own one of these cars. I am trying to reach out to the other owners and put together a registry of the remaining vehicles (mine is #32). If you are able to could you please pm me their details so I could contact them or let me know the best way (if I pm you my details to pass on) so I can get so me more on board. Thus far I have found 8 of them in the last week of searching.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

gilltech you are spot on, 5 went to NZ and now they are all a bit of a mishmash as to whether some NZ ones have been brought over here and vice versa.

Cheers

Jason

• Administrators

Since we're on the topic I am curious about the ST165 GT4's were they ever delivered locally?

I recall seeing a few ST205's in Ireland also actually.

Again I've seen the odd ST165 too in NZ, hard to miss as they somewhat stand out. It's such a confused mix of Japanese cars over there, all sorts of ex-JDM stuff dumped into our market.

I've never driven any of the GT4s. But the owner of a ST205 I met in Akld some years ago now swore hell would freeze over before he'd ever let his car go, so they must be pretty exciting cars.

With so few delivered to this part of the world, I think starting up a registry is a great idea! And I suggest some kind of information forum such as this one by Gav240z.

• Administrators

Just had a look on DoneDeal.ie (which is like Gumtree over there). Quite a few GT4's on the market.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-st185-gt4-celica/13270833?campaign=3

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyoya-celica-gt4/13150606

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-celica-gt4/13053687

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-celica-gt4-mint-st205-4wd-turbo/12965672

https://www.donedeal.ie/rallycars-for-sale/toyota-celica-gt4-rally-car/12942039

They don't salt the roads in Ireland, but the weather still has an impact on cars in terms of longevity and rust.

Did the GT4's have water/air intercoolers?