600Z

Seat Foam

Hello I'm wondering if anyone can give me a bit of an idea where to get some new seat foam for a 260Z as the ones from the z store in the states want $600 for shipping 2 sets along with a set of Ross Pistons.

Justin

Have a look at these 2 topics on the forum (you may have seen them already) for "DIY":

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/14200-reupholster-seats/?hl=%2Bseat+%2Bfoam

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/8928-refoaming-seats/?hl=%2Bseat+%2Bfoam

Unfortunately the international shipping has size factor so it does make it very expensive for getting them from the USA.  That said I got mine from the Z store and they were good quality and a nice shape (I think FX rates were slightly more favourable at the time)

I would talk to a local auto upholsterer.

I walked past this guy's place recently in Five Dock Sydney.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=J+and+A+auto+upholstery+five+dock&oq=J+and+A+auto+upholstery+five+dock&aqs=chrome..69i57.6204j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

He doesn't really have a website (so he must be good? :P), but I plan to speak to him about repairing my seats (a couple of tears) and may ask him about the foam.

Looks like he's been around for years which is always a good sign.

Thanks Andy I'll have areas of them, I'd say the $600 that they quoted would also be US dollars so even more expensive.

Gav I have spoken to a couple here in Tassie but a couple I felt like saying I already have the car I just want the seats etc done lol, but I'll keep trying and see what I can come up with. Surely someone has to be down to earth with their prices, one was 8k lol

From what I have read the pre-made covers fit and look good so I'll most likely go down that path once I have worked out the foam issue.

Thanks guys,

Justin

I'd suggest doing a group buy, problem is nobody wants / needs this stuff at the same time. So it is impossible to coordinate.

I would at Rob from Z-Factory in Mordialloc he has replacement covers maybe he has seat foam source also?

I'm prepared to do a bulk buy next time in the States and bring it excess baggage.  They can be vacuumed packed and probable 3 sets i a suitcase - let me know!

Cheers,

Rev.

I have heard a couple of times that seat foam kits from the US can be like lying up against a gum tree, so it is worth researching quality.