Leaking Fuel Sender

ScottyD

Hi Scott

I have the same problem and just ordered one from my local Nissan dealer. I was quoted $140 retail (should get a discount from that). They said delivery won't be super fast but they were confident it would come. Apparently there are quite a few o rings in stock at dealers around the country as they come in packets of 10 and they thought it was the same part as the 1200 uses?

I can post the part numbers tonight if you have a friendly Nissan dealer.

Jeff

Scott

O ring should be

17342-18000. As I said before the local spare parts man said these were in stock at quite a few dealers around the country

Sender unit should be

25060-E4100. These were nill stock in Australia but are showing in the system as avalable. This is not uncommon and normally results in the part being delivered in a reasonable time ex Japan or USA? Last part I ordered that was like this only took two weeks to come so fingers crossed.

Regards

Jeff

That's great Scott. No problems glad to help.

Also glad you found a spare parts fellow who was happy to make the effort and delve into the past.

I have been surprised a few times lately at what genuine parts are still available.

Jeff

Yep, you are right, got genuine Nissan brand new door handles for a 240Z last week, Nissan still had some in stock !!    and half the price of importing from the states !!        Mark B

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Scott

O ring should be

17342-18000. As I said before the local spare parts man said these were in stock at quite a few dealers around the country

Sender unit should be

25060-E4100. These were nill stock in Australia but are showing in the system as avalable. This is not uncommon and normally results in the part being delivered in a reasonable time ex Japan or USA? Last part I ordered that was like this only took two weeks to come so fingers crossed.

Regards

Jeff

Jeff or Scott, do you know if the O-RIng and sender unit are the same for a 10/72?

Also mine is reading 1/2 full when its full - did changing the sender change the accuracy of the gauge?

Finally my connectors aren't in great shape, any idea where I would get new ones?

Thanks in advance.

Jordan 

PS Scott we met yesterday down at Wollongong.

Hi Jordan

Yes the part numbers should be the same for your car. As for the accuracy I don't know but I think it's probably related to the bad electrical connections. The sender and gauge assembly work on the resistive relationship of the two so any extra resistance in the circuit will change the reading of the gauge.

You should be able to clean the connectors up but failing that I'm sure your can get a larger size uninsulated spade connector to push on to the lug.

Jeff

Hey Jordan,

It was nice to meet you on the SDC cruise on Sunday, it turned out to be a great day, nice people, good weather, great cruise with some Beautiful cars,  ( I may be biased but our Zeds where right up there with the best of them ) its a shame our destination, Wood fire Pizza shop was closed.

As for the parts you need I would try your Local dealer as mentioned above they helped us out.

See you on the next Cruise, Hopefully soon.