240Z For Sale

wildy55

Model Datsun 240z

Chassis # HS30-100122

Location Gold Coast, QLD

Price $42k

Hi all

The time has come to offer my 240Z for sale.

Have owned this car for six years now and during that period she has been fully renovated to her current condition.

Originally sold new in Adelaide in 1972, I bought this car from Sydney in 2010. Since then, this is her journey...

Body

Bare-metal respray. The only rust discovered during this procedure was in the doglegs at the base of each B pillar - was cut out and new metal welded in. No rust was found in any of the normal Z places

Panels are straight and sharp

Arches have NOT been cut (yes, really) and are rust-free under the flares

Rota RB alloys - 17x9 fr (225/45) & 17x9.5 rr (235/45)

Keyed lug nuts

New rubbers on all windows/ screens/ doors/ hatch

Recent gradient front screen

Interior

Uncracked dash

Recovered original seats

Great condition centre console/ shock tower diamond vinyl/ door cards

New carpet/ head lining/ hatch carpet

Currently runs a Momo wheel but will be replaced and sold with the original Datsun wheel and horn push

Mechanical

Numbers matching L24 taken out and stored three years ago. Running strong before removal and manually turned over regularly

Fitted L28, rebuilt (mains, big-ends, rings, hone, valve regrind, full gasket kit, clutch, welsh plugs) and retains electronic distributor, with the manual fuel pump and roundtop Hitachi carbs from the original 2.4 engine, with Uni-Filter foamies on trumpets. No oil or coolant leaks and uses no oil. Carbs have been rebuilt, are balanced and operate smoothly

280zx five-speed gearbox. Changes easily and no syncro wine or crashing

3.9:1 R180 diff. Strong and silent

Full suspension and steering re bush

Adjustable coilovers fitted

Uprated dampers

Uprated Hilux four-pot calipers (front)

Higher capacity alloy radiator and electric fan

6-2-1 extractors and 2.25" full exhaust system

Adjustable strut tower braces front and rear

Rear arm spindle pins replaced

Recent rear wheel bearings replaced

Wheels aside, this is a very original number matching 240Z. Drive it around with these wheels on it, or take the flares off, fit standard wheels and go back 45 years, you'll have the choice with his car. Has original keys, owner's handbook, as well as all the nice bits, such as cigarette lighter, engine inspection light and correct wipers. It doesn't have the original radio but then who listens to AM stations? Have about 100 photos showing changes over my ownership

This car starts easily (new battery and main pos/neg cables see to that) and all the controls are tight and reactive. It's like driving a modern car but 100x the fun.

The brakes are awesome, the steering direct and the attention it gets never becomes tiring.

House build and new projects mean it's time to pass her onto the next owner. Keen to sell, but time zones away from being desperate. Love talking Zs, but am trying to sell this car so no time wasters please. Make no mistake, this is a quality car that needs for nothing.

On non-transferable club rego so will be sold unregistered. Number plates do not come with the car.

Interested? Then please pm me through this site.

Cheers

Martin

post-101717-0-11686400-1470640060_thumb.jpg

post-101717-0-42608000-1470640119_thumb.jpg

post-101717-0-60251800-1470640184_thumb.jpg

post-101717-0-42537400-1470640256_thumb.jpg

post-101717-0-84979300-1470640300_thumb.jpg

post-101717-0-37444500-1470640386_thumb.jpg

post-101717-0-64836300-1470640440_thumb.jpg

post-101717-0-68271700-1470640488_thumb.jpg

post-101717-0-03865900-1470640560_thumb.jpg

post-101717-0-89174800-1470640617_thumb.jpg

Hi guys

I'm dis-listing my car while I revert her more back to standard. The flares and Rotas are coming off and 15s are going on. Also reverting back to chrome bumpers front and rear. Will re-list when the work has been carried out.

Cheers

Martin

Not that I'm in the market to but, just interested. But, why the adjustments? To sell the other things separately or there is a wider market of buyers for not flares etc.

Just wondering.

Good luck with the sale.

Mick

Not that I'm in the market to but, just interested. But, why the adjustments? To sell the other things separately or there is a wider market of buyers for not flares etc.

Just wondering.

Good luck with the sale.

Mick

He will have a lot more interest reverting back to a more stock style -. Put simply, its more desirable to mainstream buyers.. 

Yup, the best car I've ever owned now has a new owner who's embarking on a fresh journey. After owning newer Zs, he's got the bug for the original. Nice guy and has his own plans to put his mark on the car.

All this gives me motivation to get my finger out on a project 240Z (Gav- mark #571 off your bingo card) that's been overlooked in the past year.

I'll start a build thread on that one shortly, but this one's a keeper (don't we all say that?!)

Cheers

Martin