Z Values - What am I missing here?

gav240z

• Administrators

Ok so was on Ebay and saw this.

I know its early days, but still what's more desirable? Honestly The Mitsubishi never won any significant races, it doesn't have the racing pedigree the Z does. Its nowhere near as sexy and well its a Mitsubishi :).

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/240z-Datsun-1970-71-2-8-Litre_W0QQitemZ110233245668QQihZ001QQcategoryZ2030QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Item id #110233245668

VS

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MITSUBISHI-COLT-GALANT-GTO-rx2-240z-1600-rx3-carolla_W0QQitemZ140215029638QQihZ004QQcategoryZ101895QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Item id #140215029638

Guys our Zeds are worth more! :)

I think it is rareness of the actual version. EG. A 240z should go for about 13 000 - 16 000 ( like deus-ex's should go for ) but if it were a special edition like a 432r or something it would cost a lot more.

I dont know much about other early japanese cars ( that is what grandjdm.com is for ) but a one off only one in aussie car would command more money. It isnt the actual car that is making the money . It is the rareness.

That said I know which one i would put the money down on.

The price of Zed is going up in NZ so it should start to happen for your guys in OZ soon, supply and demand, too much demand too little supply and I am sure that is starting to happen in OZ too with more rust = too costly to repair for some or just too far gone etc = those that are left are in better condition = more $$

• 3 weeks later...

what was the end price of that colt?

i cant access the ebay listing anymore but i thought i recalled the guy said only one in OZ.

i can say there is at least 2 in OZ. ive seen one this morning bit rough and a female driving it. still had JDM fender mirrors. etc.... looks ok got bit of potential. bit like an RX4 coupe but not as nice.

o well if there is one here and one there im sure that there few more around.  just we never look that close at one.