Sign in to follow this  
pauly_adams

gearbox removal problems

hey i just need some help. im currently removing my gbox to change my clutch but i cant remove my tailshaft due to the bolts surcuring it to the diff. the bolts are facing the diff and i cannot get them un done due to no room is there another way to remove the tailshaft or does some one know how to get thes bolts un done

cheers pauly

if the bolts are facing the diff then undo the nuts?  as long as you can hold the harder to get to side you should be fine.

The only issue i've had with it is the rear sway bar is in the way, so have had to undo it from the brackets so it could be swung out of the way

try getting your arm around and use the spanners above the t/shaft.

use a bigish screw driver through the uni to stabilise if you cant any other way, ie handbrake and 1st gear.

nato

After having the gearbox in and out of mine about 6 times now I find it quicker if you drop the front diff mount so you can easily get at those bolts.

thanks for the info i was considering droping the diff but i will try removing bolts once more with a spaner and then im droping the diff thanks for the help

cheers pauly