Translation From Japanese - Any Able To ?

1600dave

On the DuD's page, befriend Barry Mudberry, tell him I told you.

He's in Kyoto with his very highly knwn, in Japan, opera singing wife.

He'll be able to get it done, r clse to it!

Bear in mnd, the literal translation can be a touch convoluted in synax!

Ta, will give it a go.

Normally I use google translate to get near enough, but this lot of text is from a book.

I'm hoping literal translation shouldn't be too hard to figure out, its details of a Nissan spaceframe chassis.

Edited by 1600dave

That's the one !

I have a few books on the R38x series cars, all in Japanese, one of which contains a copy of what looks to be the original plan for the chassis, along with the Japanese text caption I posted. From reading between the lines, it seems to be a materials list or similar (ie I can see 38.1x1.2,   25.4x0.9,   etc and a reference to a JIS standard in the text). I can also see "BT8" in there. which is the original Brabham chassis that Prince used as the basis of the first R380.

I'm happy to just look at the pictures in my books, and can get quite a lot of info from the tables of specifications they contain, just curious what the caption to the blueprint says.

R380 steel tube space frame. The two views are those of A- II type, it is the arrangement of the steel pipe of the details. The position of the radius rod attachment points of the rear wheel, it can be confirmed in the front and rear of the cowling support for the auxiliary frame (the part that is overhanging the triangle back and forth in a side view), I think that you can look interesting in comparison with the actual vehicle of page 36-51 . And this is a fabricated parts view regarded the entire frame as one component, an official three orthographic views including front and rear view, while functioning as a blueprint in combination with such cross-sectional view of various parts, members on the basis of the drawings Preparing for and welding jig should have been promoted (in the breathing of Aun of design and field). It should be noted that a plan view of the top half above the bottom surface, is a lot of information written in the drawing that the lower half is drawn a top surface, for example triangle in numbers (up to 8) design change history, all as standard tactics of steel tube space frame structure member of is composed of a straight pipe, but its member individual is shown by the length Marunai number, the number is up to 90, and consider some of the many also left and right common member, Shin

Pipe material STKM45 to use for there to be noticed again to be composed of skeleton is also a matter of fact many of the members seem to Bull (formerly JIS standard), mechanical structure for the steel pipe, which corresponds to STKM 1 3C in the current standard. Main pipe upper side diameter 38. 1 mmx1 2mm thickness, lower diameter 30mm × 1.2mm thick, yellow otherwise on 剞 mostly in diameter 254mm x 0.9mm thick, fairly thin also in the notes to the junction it was a brass brazing drawings It is. This hit wonder Brabham was intact. Diagonal between the upper and lower members of On the other hand 置列 of the main skeleton rear end to accommodate the six-cylinder how to construct is a slightly simpler than BT8 adding n further cockpit side oblique member in a V-shape to receive the bending from the cockpit at the top rear to the upper corner truss material is considered to be BT8 is around here you have to two crossing was the one for each section and the consideration for the rigidity of the designers of the production car manufacturer, and was also the meaning of the 30-degree bank measures of Fuji