Sign in to follow this  
zeds4ever

Re Ba Falcon Fuel Injector Suitability For 260Z.

About to make another pilgrimage to Picknpayless (Blacktown) shortly to seek & find .Read a post where a member used BA Falcon ? fuel injectors in his 280ZX motor. Contemplating doing the same set up if I can locate a decent set at the above location.

Just wondering what is the real benefit of these over my older type 280ZX units & should I bother with changing existing set up .

Regards : Alan . 

Hi Alan

The BA injectors will have a much greater flow rate than the L28E ones.

I would be concerned about running rich if you increase the injector flow by too much - I am assuming you are running the standard (non adjustable) ECU.

Cheers

PB

Message understood Peter , so will be satisfied with what I have .

Regards : Alan .

L28E injectors flow 188cc

L28ET injectors flow 212cc

VL Commdore RB30E injectors flw 212cc

By "clipping" the dropping resitors you can back off the duty cycle on the 212cc njectors. And for higher demand- Air/fuel rates, using a variable potentiometer, increase duty cycles, without maxing out injectors.

Max out stock L28E njectors and they get spluttery and cant handle it.

The research ito this, and L28 E intake manifolds was done over a few years and cost in excss of $5000?

I am thinking of selling this research, including all hardware, notes, flow charts, flowed intakes, mandrels to manufacture larger throttle plates, bosses to mount throttle bodies onto a lathe, for boring out,,the flows for the various throttle bodies available, and the larger TB's, modified AFM's. $2000 for over $5000 cost, seems quite fair!