noob Q

ol_skl_jp

i have recently bought a 72' 240 (my first one) and couldn't be happier.

I just needed to know if there was a switch for hazard lights or do they just not have them?

Second question is, is there a way to reset the trip meter, again looked everywhere?

Cheers Sach

Congrats on your 240

not that i have been in a 240 but i think they didnt have hazard lights and to reset the trip on my 260 you wind the dial clockwise over to zero. Some one in the know on here will set you straight.

Sach there are two small dials down on the right side of the guages and steering wheel, low down. (Well thats on a 260Z 2+2 might be different on an early 240) One of them does the klms reset when you turn the dial. Keep going till you get everything onto Zero.

Happy motoring.

what what what.....I didnt think 240s had hazard lights. George, would that have been the toggle below the cig lighter position ? As my dash was reskinned by previous owner Ive only had blankouts to the left of the wheel.

I can never find a pic of 100% original 240 dash.

Congrats on the purchase.

Craigs right, 2+2 is the same as my 72, two dials down on the right one will be the dimmer for the guages. All the 240's I have owned r the same.

Don't worry, I had my first 240 back in 98 for 3 months before i worked out what those dials where for, mine had been disconnected ???

Note, sometimes the dials break and people just tuck the cable up under the dash to keep it outa the way, should be there though.

Oh yea, no hazard lights in 240's, just try not to break down. ;D

Dale

success ;D found the knobs but the knob for the trip meter has come off and need to put it back on. Will post pics as soon i have a taken some decent ones. Its jp240z's car...very nice :) but still needs some work. Cannot wait for uni holidays.

Would hardly say its been out in the dark as it was my daily driver for a year..

I guess it hasnt really seen much of the eastern suburbs but most of the westside know about it.

Good to see you're enjoying it Sach, just dont drive it past me because I'll probably cry lol.

As everyone has already said, the 240z did not come with a hazard switch.  But, it was an option.  So, if you are going to add one, there are already provisions for it.  I have just finished cleaning up my wiring loom removing the garbage job that a previous owner did to add a hazard switch.

If you want to add the hazard switch, all that you need to do is plug in a flasher unit and get hold of a hazard switch.  There is a connector under the dash with a hep of green wires (I think it was 6 in total).  The connector will currently have a connector plugged in that has a loop wire.  Pull out the loop connector and then wire up the green wires to the switch and away you go (Cannot remember the exact connections, but it is pretty easy to work out).

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers,

Matt D

OH, learn something new everyday.

I didn't realize the switch to the left of the steering column was the hazard lights.

I tried the switch when i got the car. But there is a lot of rust and the bulbs were blown so i never got chance to check what the switch did.

At least now i know what it is.

Cheers