Wa 240Z Newbie

Hello all,

The S30 has been a dream car for me and I've finally managed to find one locally and looking forward to restoring it.

Has a decent amount of rust and I'm wondering if anyone in WA who's on here can recommend a shop to get the body work back to its former glory. Unfortunately I'm not capable enough to do it myself and I want it done right coz I'm keeping it forever!

Thanks!

Lol!

I'm a complete newb to old car restoration but I wanna do it right. I do have a 350Z that's more track car that street so theoretically speaking I'm not new to Zed's!

I think this is the beginning of a beautiful but expensive relationship...

• Administrators

Lol!

I'm a complete newb to old car restoration but I wanna do it right. I do have a 350Z that's more track car that street so theoretically speaking I'm not new to Zed's!

I think this is the beginning of a beautiful but expensive relationship...

Don't worry I wasn't trying to rain on your parade. Just prepare you for what lies ahead. I'm going through a long process myself of restoring an early 240z but I've been around these cars for ages so I've seen it all (well actually sometimes I see something new and I can only laugh) but point is just ask questions because many of us have been there and done that already and will be happy to give the correct advice to get it done right.

These cars are worth it, when done properly they are really a fantastic fast appreciating asset. Yes it will cost your 4x more than you probably think it will. However I don't regret spending a dollar on any of mine. If you're willing to roll up your sleeves and do some of the work yourself it's a very rewarding process.

Hello,

Great to have another WA owner, congrats on your purchase. I can recommend one guy, he replaced my chassis rails and restored my under body and engine bay. I have found his work always to a high standard and he is very approachable and honest. He has had experience with about 3 zeds now I think, does a lot of his own panel fabrication etc. Martin Fadelli from Fadelli Restorations,0429 086 522. He has recently relocated to Mandurah.

Also there is a 240/260 register club in WA, we undertake several competition and social events per year, also monthly meetings. Would be great for you to come along. www.wazregister.com

PM me if I can be of anymore help.

Cheers, Billy.

• Moderators

Welcome Mate

Good luck with the rust attack, probably best to get your head around the rust before anything else.

Looking forward to following a build thread.

Cheers

PB

Thanks buddy!

Will most prolly recondition the L28 in it now to begin with as after getting all the bodywork done I'll be broke. With a couple of webbers I reckon it'll be sweet!

Welcome aboard. Get ready for some fun with your new toy.

That rust is not to bad. Its all fixable with some time a bit of skill and some patience. But that will not be the end of the rust, half the fun of these old cars is discovering their secrets.

Good luck with it and I'm looking forward to the build thread.

Jeff

Well first things first, time to get to it and strip her down (that sounded more dirty than intended)...but at least I'm capable of doing that.

Get her to a rolling shell state and get her blasted to see how much damage we got on her.

Why of all cars did I have to fall in love with one that is 40+ years old...

• Administrators

Does it have an F54 block and P90 cylinder head? Should find it on the side of the spark plugs on the engine.

P90 head was a turbo head, but was also popular for N/A applications because it's meant to flow better than the earlier ones. It's also got a better combustion chamber that's more resistant to knocking.

Wow, that car is doing the rounds! I owned that car at one stage briefly.

Cool!

Anything I need to know about it? Trust me, I'll try my best to get her done right!