Ls1 240Z, Resto Mod Project Car

84ker

Hi members. This is not an easy thing to do but a time has come after over 10 months of unexpected and ongoing health issues that i am forced to sell my project car. Let me start by saying this project will not suit the average person. It is alot of work to get this car back on the road but by no means impossible. All bolts and hardware are bagged and tagged and stored in tubs so everything is easy to find and identify. Lets start with the body. 1971 datsun 240z. Shell is completely stripped and mounted on a rotisserie which is included. Entire body and all pannels have been sand basted and sealed in august 2015. There is some surface rust coming through because it has sat in my shed untouched ever since. Was a sunroof model, roof skin has been peeled off. Comes with a second roof turret which has a good roof skin. Rust in the car is as follows, rear beaver pannel around bumper mounts, above tail lights on both sides, on lip of rear wheel arches, front floors, top roof rails and a few other bits here and there. Previous repairs have been done on rh rear quarter panel, dog legs, sill panels, doors, front guards, and hatch. Has had full length chassis rails fitted. Comes with brand new front head light buckets, 2 bonnets one steel and a new fibreglass one. Fibreglass front air dam and new fibreglass front bumper. All glass and chrome mouldings are in good condition. The body has a QLD modplate for v8 engine, gearbox, seats, fuel cell ect. Was last registered in 2014. Will supply old rego papers and other paperwork. You know exactly what you are getting with this shell and i have seen alot worse around.

Driveline. 5.7l ls1 v8 engine, good condition. Heads and sump were removed to asses condition and everything was good. Is on an engine stand which is included. Heavy duty clutch. 6 speed manual with short shifter.r200 lsd diff and cv shafts. Block hugger headers and full twin exhaust system. custom made engine and gearbox crossmembers. Alloy radiator with thermo fans. 3" stainless intake, alloy fuel cell. Bosch fuel pump, surge tank, fuel pressure reg, braided lines and speedflow fittings. New starter motor.

Suspension. Coil overs all round, locally made adjustable rear control arms, techno toy tuning adjustable front control arms, ttt castor bars, ttt weld in camber plates and thrust bearings. Full nolathane bush kit. All brand new.

Brakes. Completer wilwood stage 3 brake kit. Slotted and dimpled rotors. 4 piston front callipers. Single piston rear callipers with handbrake. Brake pads. Stainless braided brake lines. Bigger brake booste, 1" master cylinder, adjustable proportioning valve. New wheel bearings and nismo extended wheel studs. All brand new.

Wheels. Brand new rota rbx wheels, 17x9 -13 front. 17x9.5 -19 rear. Brand new federal 595 rsr semi slick tyres.

Interior. Full autometer dash. Aftermarket seats. 2 centre consoles. One original and a brand new one. All doir trims and plastics in good condition.

Everything is there to build a complete car. The only things it needs are the things i dont have anymore. Time and money. I honestly dont know what a car in this state is worth but im after $10,000. Based on the parts that come with it and to be completely honest thats what i need to get my medical bills under control. Car is located in SE QLD. Post code 4309. I will be adding pictures soon. You can also contact me on 0432792690 for more photos and info as there is alot i have missed. Not interested in parting the car out at all!

Thank you all.

Justin.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice to know LSx-S30s are considered 'collectible'.

Needs to be careful reassembling. It was only Qld approved and I think SA requirements may be different. Not a major problem but a problem none the less.

National approval will raise the value of a completed car.

Edited by PeterAllen

Nice to know LSx-S30s are considered 'collectible'.

Needs to be careful reassembling. It was only Qld approved and I think SA requirements may be different. Not a major problem but a problem none the less.

National approval will raise the value of a completed car.

FYI, mine was engineered and registered with a v8 in QLD, and I had no troubles getting it registered in WA.