Fs: 1970 Datsun 240Z #958 $16.5K

MMANGO

Yes, I bought the black vinyl 240Z that was on ebay not long ago.

I'm going to be honest. I paid 16k, it wasnt running and was 2 colours.

I have since replaced the fuel pump, painted a few panels and generally tidied it up

It is very good rust-wise feel free to bring a magnet. The worst is in the hatch, which is obviously easily replaceable (I've been trying to hunt down an early vented hatch)

Why am I selling so soon you may ask?

Well I won a house auction on Saturday, and am going on holiday to Europe in 2 weeks, so I feel it would be a good idea to put the coin into the mortgage rather than sitting around the house.

Any inspections welcome.

No low ballers, I'm not in a rush to sell, I don't need to sell, I just think it is a smart choice.

I'll get some pics on the weekend

PM Me

• Administrators

I only mention it because finding a good vented rear hatch now is very hard. So if it's not required then it will be more economical and less time consuming to find a replacement. Having said that even a regular 240z hatch is now hard to find here.

I'm also pretty confident it's a '70

Did you mean to say 70 or 71? Given the Early Girl Bingo thread I'd say it's definitely a 71.

Yeah, there are aftermarket hatches out there for those interested, not a big issue. I did have a vented hatch lined up but was too much of a tight arse to pay what the bloke wanted.

You could be right about the year, I just feel it's 70, I guess I will have to confirm that.

There is a fair bit of history behind this car. I have met the original owner to get few bits off this car before it was sold for very little money over a year ago, it was too big of a project for me, the next owner doubled the purchase price and sold it and now here it is for sale again.

There is a reason as for that. 

Mmango may not be aware of this and i will give the benefit of the doubt here but a detailed inspection is a must for this beastie.

Well quit talking in riddles and spill the beans. You won't be affecting his chances of sale on here at least, we aren't stupid, its a million different colours, the top coat on it is garbage so its already obviously a bog and flog, it just depends how bad it actually is. No harm in letting us know what you know.

Rudi.

There is a fair bit of history behind this car. I have met the original owner to get few bits off this car before it was sold for very little money over a year ago, it was too big of a project for me, the next owner doubled the purchase price and sold it and now here it is for sale again.

There is a reason as for that. 

Mmango may not be aware of this and i will give the benefit of the doubt here but a detailed inspection is a must for this beastie.

I think in the interest of full disclosure It would be fair to let everyone know what you know about the car.