Sydney Get-Together, Saturday April 30Th

PeterAllen

A chap I know from the Clubman forum is coming up from rural Vic to Sydney on the 30th April and I'm trying to organise for a few Zed, Clubman or Cobra owners to bring their cars along for a get-together. When I did this for a chap from England a couple of years ago the turnout was very surprising. It was great to see so many cars turn up and the owners (motoring enthusiasts all) mixing.

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/11697-a-sydney-get-together-is-on-sun-23rd-march-2014/

The GTO has moved some way since then and while still a long way of finished it is drivable if people are interested in seeing it.

The date is Saturday 30th April, around 1.00pm.

No drinks or food supplied but you can use the loo.

Location; Sutherland Shire (PM me for the address).

It doesn't matter if you don't bring a Zed, come along anyway and kick a few tyres and listen to the BS.

Edited by PeterAllen

• Moderators

Hi Peter

The last one was a great morning and I would love to be at this one, however I am going to have to give it a miss as I will be in Vic at Casa Di Lurch for the weekend.

Look forward to seeing a photo or two.

Cheers

PB

I might be able to pop in for a quick hello. It's wog Easter on that day so lunch at mum's can't be missed - especially since she does a cracking pork belly!

I was about to express interest, lucky you reminded me.. Pics from the last meet look great.

I might be able to pop in for a quick hello. It's wog Easter on that day so lunch at mum's can't be missed - especially since she does a cracking pork belly!

Oops, thought the 30th was a Sunday. I'll be free on the Saturday so see you there Peter.

No worries George, it's just the result of sleep-deprived parenthood.

Had a shocker yesterday. I flat out just dropped an unopened beer. It hit the kitchen floor and didn't break but the pressure blew the top off and I was treated to a frothy fireworks show. Half the beer ended up on the ceiling and the rest scattered around the kitchen. Fun times.

By the way, I hope two wheels are welcome... thinking of bringing the old 350. Much more exciting than the Fiesta. :P

Okay folks I really need to get some idea of who is bringing their Zed or an exotic along.

There are a couple of people with exceptional cars coming (including an aluminium bodied GT40) so we have the basis of an interesting event.

Please PM me or via mobile - Oh for one Juan Oh nein won ate sex seven.

Edited by PeterAllen

A Bob Britton Lotus 23B has been added to the list but I'm still waiting to hear from owners who are actually bringing a Zed!

Note: The weather forecast suggest things could be a bit iffy - I will post here at noon on Saturday to advise.

Hey Pete

I don't think my Zed will be rego'd by then.

I am changing over to the log book system and was a little too relaxed about getting the paperwork organised.

If the planets align I'll bring her along but not looking good at this stage.

I'll bring the Volvo along and put the reverse lights on show. :)

Cheers Mate

Yep thanks for hosting us again.

All the cars there were top shelf examples.

Probably a good thing I kept my hack at home and not bring down the standard.

That ally GT40 was really quite incredible.

I can't even imagine how much time, blood, sweat and tears have been invested in that body.

Mick