'73 Zim 240Z For Sale ***sold***

Classicman

• Moderators

Was waiting for payment to clear before I removed the advert.  Now been removed.

Nothing is truly sold until the money is in the bank.

• Administrators

Sold for $75,000? That has to be a record for a standard S30 in Australia?

Not quite... as Yoda says there is another.

You'd think the brown hornet would have to be worth around that now? Anyway if it sold for $75k its got to be good for us that own 240z's, not so good if you want to buy one.

It's a double-edged sword, good on 1 hand, not so good on another. Prices for some rare S30Z parts are taking off along with the cars value, which means restorations are costing more and parts are getting harder to find especially for early 240z's. But this is the game we are in..

It's a double-edged sword, good on 1 hand, not so good on another. Prices for some rare S30Z parts are taking off along with the cars value, which means restorations are costing more and parts are getting harder to find especially for early 240z's. But this is the game we are in..

From my perspective it's a good thing because for too long Zeds were treated as disposable while comparable era Euro cars got all the attention and care. No wonder they were never repaired properly and rarely kept under cover unlike the Euro stuff, a lot of which realistically was the subject of over indulgence.

Meanwhile us true believers had to be content with knowing that our cars were great and better than most of the pampered Eurotrash  8)

Hopefully the rising value of parts means also that there is more of an economic case for high quality reproductions.  If a manufacturer/fabricator can see that they can sell their part for price $x then there may be a few more niches that get filled, although as always volume / supply and demand also play a part here.

Most parts are available, and more reasonably priced than the BMW parts I order for 2002's and E9's that I restore.  I haven't come across something that I needed for the Z that wasn't available....yet.

• 9 months later...