Postponed June Drive Day - Royal National Park To Scarborough Hotel

PB260Z

• Moderators

Hi guys, sorry have to miss this one. Baby girl Tahlea, little sister to Benji & Timmy arrived this morning!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Congrats on the safe arrival of Tahlea.

Trust that Mum & Bub are doing well

PB

• Moderators

Hi Guys,

Given the pretty crap weather forecast for this Sunday I'm pulling the pin on the drive to Scarborough.

Call me nancy but I don't like taking the car out in the rain or the idea of a long rainy drive there and back.

I hope everyone has safe and enjoyable day and I look forward to next time!

Cheers Tony

Hi

I am looking at the forecast and am somewhat undecided. I don't mind goung for a drive in the (will reduce the traffic) but not sure how much of an opportunity to look at and talk about the cars we will get if it is wet.

Will make acall on Sat afternoon - how would folks feel about delaying by two weeks ?

Cheers

PB

Thanks guys, it's all good. Hopefully the weatherman is wrong by miles and turns out to be a great day. Or just meet up in your sensible cars and go find a pie shop!

Congrats on the safe arrival of Tahlea.
Trust that Mum & Bub are doing well

PB

Congrats on the new bub

Fantastic news Mike! Grats..

At least if it's wet on Sunday there shouldn't be too many cyclists about, we could do a wet run in sensible cars. Don't know if I'll be around in 2 weeks, depends on the Dr on Tuesday. Hopefully the Zed gods give us a nice day this Sunday, happy to be guided by you PB.

I would be more than happy pushing it back by two weeks as it doesn't look like I'll be ready for this Sunday mechanically. Weather isn't the nicest of times either, I'll be coming along either way in a daily driver :)

If it's just wet I am happy to come along however if its pouring as forecasted I will not be attending, just a little too risky especially around the RNP roads..

Happy for PB to make the call on Sat arvo. I am also free in 2 weeks time.

Shaun.

• Moderators

The challenge with this run and rain is all three parts dont suit wet weather.

The meet point has no shelter

The road has lots of shaded and slippery areas

The Scarborough Hotel is very small inside and has minimal shelter outside.

Head for a Pie shop, could be a good idea, anyone know a good one in the area ?

Cheers

PB

Robertson pie shop at Robertson, Pie in the Sky at Bilpin, Mountain High Pies in Wentworth Falls, a bit further out, Tarana Hotel Tarana, it's not forecast to be as wet out west.

Regards Craig

• Moderators

Hi All

I have made the call to postpone this event for two reasons.

1. The weather forecast for Sunday just keeps getting worse, we are now getting severe weather & flood warnings. This will likely close Audley Weir.

2. I can no lobger make it. Have a mate of 40+ years coming to Sydney due to family illness and needs my help with a few things.

I will have a think about an alternate date, maybe Sunday June 19th ?

Cheers

PB

Edited by PB260Z

Thanks PB, I think you've made a wise call, a disappointment for sure but you can't beat mother nature and far less disappointing than something unfortunate happening on the drive, thanks for having the sense for calling it as it is, enjoy the weekend with your mate.

Regards Craig

• Moderators

Np, I have a wedding on the 18th so the struggle to get up early could be hard but will try my best.. Also free the 12th and 26th..

Hi

The 12th is a long weekend so will give that a miss.

Will see what the general consensus is re the date.

Cheers

PB

• Administrators

Did that Mazda have a for sale with phone number on the rear screen? I see something has been blurred out.

I guess that's 1 way to get rid of it, park it there and hope for nature to take care of the rest? :)