Challenge Bathurst 2016

24 Dat

I just put this on youtube, what amazing bit of fun, we were still sorting out lap times and we do love our cars 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KR5uHZslvw 

the title says it all.

In group Z the Gazelle eventual came 2nd in the regularity and the orange/red Z came 3rd, well done to the both of them and there great cars and bring them along i hope they are both there next year..  

That S12 Gazelle was one of the many interesting cars there, a FJ20 engined ex Group A car driven by Mark Skaife. Great to see drivers getting out their expensive classics and driving them hard.

Brian also owns a white Z432R...

• Administrators

HQ lyf lol, B group was the one to be in.

Was that an R31? What motor was it running? Sounded like an L-series but I'm guessing it was an N/A RB30?

Brian also owns a white Z432R...

Pretty sure it's a regular Z432 and not the R...

Yes it was an R31, can't remember if it was running turbo or na. 

Was built as a lemons car as a copy of the Winfield R32's but ended up as Winefuelled and with a barrell on the roof complete with DRS!!!!!

Things have gotten a bit more serious with that car now.

Yes Tom. Would like to think there was a steering failure, last corner, last lap, last event. Tyres came  off rim, bent back and pushed rail in bending caster arm. Will pull out ok and car will get that respray. I will try and attach photo. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anybody have the contact detail for a guy Tim who ran in the Super Sprints in his Z, i spoke to him at CB and he wanted to do the regularity with Group Z this year and i lost his contact number i have attached a photo of his car 

post-101839-0-25196500-1484515437_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

That Tim's car above looks good, wonder what his best time was?

Finally found my best time after trawling through all the regularity results, 2:48 which in the circumstances I'm quite happy with.

EDIT Tim's full name is probably Timothy Piper, if that is him then he finished up early, best time 2:56.

Edited by 260DET

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys

My mate Tony made up this clip of me in the regularity at Challenge Bathurst 2016. I have signed up for this year again and hoping to crack the 2:50 barrier, I got 2:51.3 in the last session and if I can go through the kink flat out I might get there.

These are mainly cuts from the earlier sessions, where we were still trying to work out etiquette. I was getting some clear runs later. Some of the shots of me are a bit confronting as I still feel 18 but old age is creeping up on me.

I have owned this car for 3 years, it was built by Stewart Wilkins racing as a street ready modified Z. It has a 3.1l L series with coilovers, GTR brakes, leather seats and air. It is the white car number 28.

These cars are the best, they are still affordable and you get such a thrill from driving them, the car has a lot more ability than me. Hope this inspires some others to sign up for November 2017.

Gordon

https://youtu.be/Eatq0ElSiyA